Digital Meter Volt Meter

Guest SondanXX

Guest SondanXX
As promised, here are some shots of my installation;

Sailcycle,

Thanks! Perfect... I believe I might be able to pull that off... also looks like there's room for the "frame" or whatever they call it to go around the meter, but I'll wait on that til I get this in there...

Sweet...

• Member Contributer
Sailcycle,

Thanks! Perfect... I believe I might be able to pull that off... also looks like there's room for the "frame" or whatever they call it to go around the meter, but I'll wait on that til I get this in there...

Sweet...

Hi Sondance,

I didn't use the frame. My thought was to have the meter look as flush-mount as possible. There is precious little lip-edge around the meter, so you truly need to be careful with how much material you remove from the panel. I used a Dremmel to get within 1/16" or so from the template and then finished it off with a file. I checked the firmness of the fit often as I made the final cuts. Let me know if you need any more advice and I'd be glad to guide you.

• Member Contributer
Barry,

That's awesome! Looks factory. Have you had any problems with the removal of the side panel, after the mod?

No problems whatsoever. You'll notice in the wiring diagram that I used a couple of connectors. These allow me to unplug the assembly quickly. I installed the meter and Powerlet as a winter project in 2002/03, and it has been trouble-free ever since. I usually switch the meter off unless I'm monitoring the battery or charging system. I guess I was a little paranoid after my 4th generation and its R/R failures. My '02 has not had any electrical gremlins.

A side benefit to the Powerlet is the ability to plug in my Battery Tender without having to access the battery.

Archived