Castrol Honda Vtec Vfr

Veefer800Canuck

I like, but wouldn't do to my bike because don't think free adds for anybody belong on my ride except one that might make me some money :-)

I was thinking maybe puting add like "pillion rides for beer"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny Diablo
.....did you notice the SIZE of that LICENSE PLATE????? :rolleyes:

Thats not a license plate its a windbrake from a fighter aircraft!

• Member Contributer
.....did you notice the SIZE of that LICENSE PLATE????? :rolleyes:

Must be a European bike. (Maybe Italian) For some reason they must have a huge licence plate. sad.gif

Guest BlueVFRank

It's German.

The fines are pretty heavy overhere when caught with a non-official licenseplate.

If i'm not mistaken only england allows "home made" licensplates.

I used to ride with 2 small moons cut out of the plate so i could mount it between the pipes. This was only possible because of my custom pipes and the right letter combination on the plates because else it wouldn't fit.

Edited by BlueVFRank

Guest Victor_Meldrew

You ARE mistaken ...... in the UK the police are now VERY keen to prosecute bikes for (i) illegally sized registration plates (ii) race cans (iii) dark visors ... especially small plates... bastids!!

Reason for this is President Blair's insistence that our nation is monitored at all times by cameras, especially the proliferation of speed - sorry, "safety" - cameras and ANPR ( automatic number plate recognition ) cameras ( to check insurance,MoT , stolen vehicle database etc etc ) ..

Small / homemade plates cannot be checked by these systems, so the police have been told to crack down on them. Mind you, it doesnt stop riders from putting small plates on, and race cans etc , but these are NOT allowed legally ...!!

Rant over

Cheers

V_M

Edited by Victor_Meldrew

I dunno, I think the Castrol paint scheme does not seem to work too well with the 6th gen's angular lines. I guess I got too used to seeing it on the 45s all those years. Didn't look as good either on the 51s.

Maybe something more like the Repsol MotoGP scheme would look better on the 6th gen.

JMO,

Beck

95 VFR

Guest BlueVFRank
You ARE mistaken ...... in the UK the police are now VERY keen to prosecute bikes for (i) illegally sized registration plates (ii) race cans (iii) dark visors ... especially small plates... bastids!!

Reason for this is President Blair's insistence that our nation is monitored at all times by cameras, especially the proliferation of speed - sorry, "safety" - cameras and ANPR ( automatic number plate recognition ) cameras ( to check insurance,MoT , stolen vehicle database etc etc ) ..

Small / homemade plates cannot be checked by these systems, so the police have been told to crack down on them. Mind you, it doesnt stop riders from putting small plates on, and race cans etc , but these are NOT allowed legally ...!!

Rant over

Cheers

V_M

I thought so, was a bit misled because i see a lot of UK bikes over here on the mainland with small plates.

Yes your prime minister learned a lot during his trips to the netherlands!

At least youre alowed to have radardetectors, there almost an capital offence overhere and the police love their radardetectordetectors (hows that for scrabble)

Guest MotoTacoma
It's German.

The fines are pretty heavy overhere when caught with a non-official licenseplate.

I used to ride with 2 small moons cut out of the plate so i could mount it between the pipes. This was only possible because of my custom pipes and the right letter combination on the plates because else it wouldn't fit.

I thought it was italian at first until I saw the surrounding area in the second picture. Definitely Germany. When I lived there with my first VFR I didn't have one of those plates, but I did have to use the USAREUR military plate. Essentially it was a full size cage plate from the states. It wasn't much better.

I have a picture of it at home, I'll upload it later.

Edited by MotoTacoma

• Member Contributer

I like the red plad tablecloth under the tankbag, It really makes a bold statement!

radardetectordetectors (hows that for scrabble)
Thats gotta be about 400 points !!! :o

I had to looked it up. :P Radardetectordetectors only comes out to 29 points. sad.gif

r.gifa.gifd.gifa.gifr.gifd.gife.gift.gife.gifc.gift.gifo.gifr.gifd.gife.gift.gife.gifc.gift.gifo.gifr.gifs.gif

Here's the website I used to found out: http://www.solfire.com/scrabble/.

You can enter other words and it'll give you the score for them. fing02.gif

Guest seadooloo

Personally, I'm not too fond of it. (This coming from a guy with a dragon and flames on his VFR) You know what they say.. To each his own. :blink:

I like the red plad tablecloth under the tankbag, It really makes a bold statement!

Woot plaad tabel clots!? Deet's de bluudy geys kelt et es! Ya doon't ekspeekt de poorr maun te reid hes beyk widewt et! Doncha?! :blink:

Beeck

95 vey EF errr

Edited by Beck

• 1 year later...
Just came across this and thought I'd bump it up. :beer:

Why? That is one ugly mother f#$%er

Just like your face on a swimsuit model. :wheel: :goofy:

It's different, and someone had asked about seeing different paint schemes.

• Member Contributer

Rant over

Cheers

V_M

I thought so, was a bit misled because i see a lot of UK bikes over here on the mainland with small plates.

Yes your prime minister learned a lot during his trips to the netherlands!

At least youre alowed to have radardetectors, there almost an capital offence overhere and the police love their radardetectordetectors (hows that for scrabble)

Well, yes and no...

There isn't a "regulation size" numberplate in the UK, but there are numberplate regulations that govern the size of numberplates...Which are not generally "homemade" in the sense of you making it in your garage, but they are made for the bike's registered "keeper" by private companies/shops and not issued by the government. Most people in the UK are under the misimpression that UK motorcycle numberplates have to be a certain size to be legal (9" x 7"), but this is incorrect. In fact, the minimum size (not even sure there is a maximum!) is based on the particular registration mark of the vehicle. Accordingly, if your bike's registration mark is "R123 ABC", there is a certain size that can be calculated under the regulations and that size would be required. However, if your bike's registration mark was "VFR" (you'd have to have been verywealthy to get this--registration marks are auctioned and bought and sold privately), a MUCH smaller plate would be perfectly legal.

That said, I fit a much smaller plate when abroad on the bike--who you gonna tell? :P

Ciao,