Quadruple Failure

Guest montero1

Guest montero1

Recently, my ambient temperature gauge, speedometer, and odometer have been malfunctioning. The odometer hasn't been racking up any miles, the speedometer is now stuck at 0, occasionally registers 10 or so mph. The ambient temp gauge is stuck on 73F even though it's 100F outside, and 68F in my garage. The Fuel injection warning light is stuck on also.

This all happened at the same time. Bike had not ever been wet up until that point.

• Member Contributer

You might check the two big wiring connectors behind the left fairing. My gauge cluster wiring on my 04 runs through the blue connector I believe. I had an issue with a faulty connection on the gauge wire a while back.

• 7 months later...
Recently, my ambient temperature gauge, speedometer, and odometer have been malfunctioning. The odometer hasn't been racking up any miles, the speedometer is now stuck at 0, occasionally registers 10 or so mph. The ambient temp gauge is stuck on 73F even though it's 100F outside, and 68F in my garage. The Fuel injection warning light is stuck on also.

This all happened at the same time. Bike had not ever been wet up until that point.

So what was the result. What was the fix. I am experenceing the same problem.

Mine is an 02 out of warranty.

• Member Contributer

Along the same idea, my 2 trip odometers (A + B) will not switch between the two. B is deplayed, and it works fine, and the button will even reset the miles. But I cannot switch to the A side.

So what happend with that one that was in warranty?

Not sure if these are separate issues or not, but the speedo drive sensor could be causing the speedo/odo problems. It's a $5 part that is driven off the counter shaft sprocket bolt.

Archived