Meter panel fuse

Guest Zero Obliquity

Guest Zero Obliquity

I had a weird issue yesterday. While out for a ride I lost everything on the dash, but the clock and turn signals. I pulled over and yanked the 10amp fuse for the meter panel, tail lights. It was blown so I replace it. As soon as I turned on the ignition the fuse blew again. WTF? I swapped it again with the spare 20amp fuse and as soon as I turned the key on pop went the fuse.

About this time two friends saw me and stopped to help. I didn?t have headlights, tail lights or the meter panel, but I did have brake lights and my turn signals so I rode in between them to another buddy that lives a few miles away.

Using a multimeter I checked at the fuse and got 12.5 volts and 7.8 amps when on. I pulled the 10amp clock fuse and stuck it in the spot for the meter panel and the dash lights up. <_< I replenished the used fuses and rode on home. It was starting to get dark and I didn?t want to get stuck out with no headlights.

The fuse is still holding strong. I pulled the plastic and can not find any problems. I had the meter panel fuse blow once last year after I hit a hole in the road, but I replaced it and never thought about it again. Any ideas?

Lonnie

• Member Contributer

I had a problem last fall with my '03. The fuse blew a number of times and the local Honda shop found it (it was still under warranty). It took them a bunch of hours to find it, but it turned out to be a short in the license-plate light assembly.

Hope this helps.

Archived