Manual fan switch

Tejas

• Member Contributer

I seem to remember a write-up that HS did that showed you how to add a manual fan switch to override it's normal operation.

I've searched around and can't seem to find it.

I would like to add a DPDT switch that would allow me to turn the fan on, off or run normally depending on switch position.

Has anyone ever done this? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
I seem to remember a write-up that HS did that showed you how to add a manual fan switch to override it's normal operation.

I would like to add a DPDT switch that would allow me to turn the fan on, off or run normally depending on switch position.

Thanks!

i would also be interested, and would like info on changing the thermocouple so it would come on automatically at 160 degrees.(hope this is not considered a hijack!)

Thanks!

I believe the fan is switched on by the thermostat trigger for the fan shorting to ground.

I was just going to say I'd go for just manually on or normal, but then I realised that when it stays on and you're moving the fan is fighting against airflow, so your idea is a goodun.

• Member Contributer
I believe the fan is switched on by the thermostat trigger for the fan shorting to ground.

I was just going to say I'd go for just manually on or normal, but then I realised that when it stays on and you're moving the fan is fighting against airflow, so your idea is a goodun.

Yes, this is what I want to be able to avoid.

Yesterday on my way home it was 98 degrees (What happened to springtime?)

The fan kicked on at 221 just like normal and the temp got down to 207 when the traffic jam let up and it was back to normal highway speeds.

The temp just missed getting low enough to turn the fan off (206) so it ran all the way home.

By the time I got home the temp was 225 because the fans airflow was fighting against the normal air flow.

Anyway...BUMP!

• Member Contributer
UMM search not bump!~

HS

I did search, I couldn't find it in the How to section or the electrical section.

I did searches for fan, fan switch, cooling system and overheating.

Maybe you could help me out here since I know you did a write-up on this.

Hmmm?

Archived