Slightly off topic, but involves electrical

Guest Aardvark892

Guest Aardvark892

Can someone please advise me on this. When I wash my '05 Interceptor, should I leave the seat on or is it okay to take the seat off so I can get to the side panels and the bottom of the gas tank? I do know not to use high pressure water, and I only let the water run, but I'm afraid that newer bikes react poorly to getting wet around the electrics/battery. Thanks for your help!

Tim

Definately keep the seat on and don't use high pressure water. A little bit of water in your electricals would not be good. :o

Like m-crew said, wash the bike with the seat on first, then remove and cafefully clean the rest of the bike.

Can someone please advise me on this.  When I wash my '05 Interceptor, should I leave the seat on or is it okay to take the seat off so I can get to the side panels and the bottom of the gas tank?  I do know not to use high pressure water, and I only let the water run, but I'm afraid that newer bikes react poorly to getting wet around the electrics/battery.  Thanks for your help!

Tim

Leave the seat on. With enough water, you can soak your battery and its leads and bad things can happen.

To clean all the stuff you didnt get to because the seat was in place, you can take a damp rag (damp not soaking) and wipe.

Archived