Replacement for the Honda plastic clippy things

Veefer800Canuck

Guest VFRMagic
I just bought some from this eBay shop: http://myworld.ebay.com/pageauto1

Search for "21077123". They fit perfectly. $6.99 for 25 clips + 2.80 for Priority Mail shipping, and I got them in 2 days.

Helluva lot better than $2.65 each at the dealer!

I was at the Chevrolet dealer today for an oil change. While I was there, I asked the guy working at the parts counter to look up GM part #21077123 for a price quote. He told me they were $4.79 each!! And I thought Honda's price were outrageous.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll be buying a batch from your eBay source.

Eric

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Yes, I found it, thanks.

Already sent a PM to a few looking for those who have 92 or so left over from their 100 pk purchase. I only need 5-10.

Also, I'm spying right now through Veefer800Canucks image gallery looking for the missing images.

I'll look forward to getting your extra fairing screws too.

Cheers!

didit

• Member Contributer

There is a saturn pt # that i cant seem to locate at the moment. Will look tonight when i get home to see if i still have the package kicking around. They were 50 cents each .... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

I found a great replacement for the Honda part, and at only a fraction of the price from www.bikebolts.com. You can also find them on my website.

0031.jpg

These don't require any drilling etc, and work in all but the thickest locations!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't recall seeing the NAPA #665-2111 "push type rivets" listed here. I got some today, they work Great. The outer flange is a little larger but other than that.... They came in a bag of 5 around a buck each. Made by Balkamp.

• 11 months later...

No one actually confirms whether the 1/4" clips from The Fastener Warehouse actually fit in the end or not (with the OEMs being 6mm)... I just ordered 1700 pcs for a group buy and am now concerned they don't work...

On the TFWHouse website they state they work on the VFR800...

• Member Contributer

I just bought a bag of 100 and will report back but so far it seems from what I have read that they are tighter (which is good) but work fine...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

ok, tested out the clips today and they work very well. They are tighter but that seems like a good thing to me. They will be tougher to put in and take out but they are sturdier.

Tip for futur reference:

Remove the top portion completely when putting it in then put the top part back in once the clip is in place, it made it easier for me.