Signal bulb replacement

didit

• Member Contributer

I have been getting a fast blink on the right rear and no blink on the right front when the turn signal is engaged,

but the light works fine when normal park lights are on. I go to my trusty service manual and carefully read the directions.

No problem getting the service bulb lid off, but for the life of me, I can't get the bulb housing to turn counterclockwise (or any wise).

The area is too tight to get a pair of pliers in there.

So, can anyone 'shed some light' on this? I wanted to avoid the $65/hour serivce charge at the local dealer and simply buy a replacement bulb - do it my self. <_<

It's an '04 VTEC. Any and all guidance would be GREAT!

• Member Contributer

You really have to wrench on it. I was in the same predicament. It is un-nerving. No-one wants to break there goods up. It will go, you may cut your hand, on the plastic, but it will go.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, I'll have another go at it and keep the pressure on. I'd rather cut my hand than gouge my wallet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

They pull straight out with some force on the 98-01. Not sure if the 02+ is the same but be patient and it will loosen up.

It may be a bigger pain, but if you cant get it off by turning it take off your upper cowl to get at the turn signal more easily. Its not too hard to do and the procedure is in the service manual but it takes more time than just turning the bulb. I just had to replace my upper cowl on my 04 so I just went through the procedure myself.

Archived