Brand new Electrosport regulator

spawningvat

My r/r grounded out one of the stator lines, so i needed a new one. I was going to get a yama, kawa r/r due to rumors of higher reliability but in the end, i caved and just bought a new one from electrosport, b/c they seemed like a good company, and offered a year warranty on parts. Plus, I figured i should just be able to bolt it on, and plug it in, and then be on my way.

Well i got the part, found time this saturday to install so that i can ride tomorrow on a relatively nice day, and laughed to myself at how easy this should be. The 12v and ground lines, were short by about an inch compared to the old ones. I had to cut some of the tape surrounding my wiring harness to get it to bend a little closer. Now after 2 mins, the parts clicked together. I looked at the stator lines, which were longer, and figured those will be a breeze. Well i tried pushing them together and it was incredibly tight. I pulled them apart and noticed that the 3 stator pins didn't have the same spacing as the plug on my wiring harness. About that time I also noticed that a pin on one of the r/r stator lines just broke its clip and removed itself from the plug. Marvelous.

Lets recap: I dropped $130 on a part that is supposed to fit on a 98-01 vfr. I have a 99, thus mine is included in the specification. The regulator is smaller than my old honda one, and has less surface area on the heatsink. Its supposed to fit my bike, yet I had to alter my harness to plug in the short(12v/gnd) line. Then the pins in the stator line plug weren't aligned/had the wrong plug all together, and consequently, one broke its clip. Finally, I have to wait until Monday to talk to someone.

And my bike is still down right now, and i'm way past being anxious to ride.

Until I see what Electrosport does to rectify the situation<pun>, heres a big giant YOUR COMPANY'S QUALITY CONTROL SUCKS to choke on

13f03311f421eab774efab8b0f702986-.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

3afcef21c83af577ddaeccae20699d03-.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Forum CEO

Well if you say the RR is smaller than you better make sure the bolt holes line up too. You can remedy the pin situation by resuing the old connector, gently remove the pins with a small screw driver or somthing and slide them into the old connector.

Me I just cut the damn things off and soldiered the wires together, thats where the RR usually fails anyway at the connectors.

Guest Viffed

I seem to recall someone installing one of the replacement stators from electrosport and then having low output problems due to the smaller size of the unit. I think the thread on it got caught up in the great purge, I can't seem to locate it at the moment...

Chris

Archived