Motovation frame sliders fitted

kaldek

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer

I think a couple members here have them, and at least 1 has tested them out and they did their job.

They are incredibly expensive, and will be less effective than radar or r&g sliders.

I found these sliders online yesterday...anyone tried them yet? No drilling the reservoir!

http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/BikeHPS_On...r_Honda_19.html

The VFR pic is fourth from the bottom.

I have them and I converted to Radar's Kit once I got over the drilling fear. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Greg

gallery_8015_2865_395688.jpg

Installed

gallery_8015_2865_724430.jpg

gallery_8015_2865_404889.jpg

I found these sliders online yesterday...anyone tried them yet? No drilling the reservoir!

I have them and I converted to Radar's Kit once I got over the drilling fear. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Greg

gallery_8015_2865_395688.jpg

Installed

gallery_8015_2865_724430.jpg

gallery_8015_2865_404889.jpg

So you're saying that you've got a set and went to this Radar's kit instead?

• 2 weeks later...

Done! My VFR 2008 now has the frame sliders - too bad I didn't do this before dropping the bike!

Many thanks for these clear instructions, indeed the hardest part was the water bottle.

I examined mine, and if the water bottle is OVER the "full" line, it DOES overflow when it gets hot.

Therefore, I would caution anyone that wishes to install a smaller bottle.

Btw, did anyone drop the bike after the frame sliders? What happens when it's simply dropped

(and not skidded across), does the handlebar hit the ground? Does it break a lever? Does it break

the mirrors - I already made Honda rich with my mirror and handlebar changes and their overpriced accessories sad.gif

thanks, -turgut

• 5 months later...
Guest terry6767

I am just about to buy MV sliders - The price is almost 3 times cheaper then other sliders :thumbsup: but I am curious about what will happen if I drop the bike in my garage after I install the mv sliders? The sliders seems shorter then Rader's or R&Gs... I am wondering if the bottom part of fairing will hit the ground. How about the mirror?

I happened to drop my bike a couple of months ago. :goofy: Fortunately, I got away with replacing a mirror and a couple of barely visible scratches. I am hoping that the MV sliders will prevent it if I ever drop my vfr again.. ( and I plan to keep my vfr for the next ten years :blink: )

I appreciate it if you can share your experience / thoughts

Cheers,

Tom

• Member Contributer
I am just about to buy MV sliders - The price is almost 3 times cheaper then other sliders :thumbsup: but I am curious about what will happen if I drop the bike in my garage after I install the mv sliders? The sliders seems shorter then Rader's or R&Gs... I am wondering if the bottom part of fairing will hit the ground. How about the mirror?

I happened to drop my bike a couple of months ago. :pissed: Fortunately, I got away with replacing a mirror and a couple of barely visible scratches. I am hoping that the MV sliders will prevent it if I ever drop my vfr again.. ( and I plan to keep my vfr for the next ten years :goofy: )

I appreciate it if you can share your experience / thoughts

Cheers,

Tom

Slightly bent shifter. (Not enough to replace). Scuffed bar end, scuff on the edge of the mirror. (Prolly wouldn't have had that, if the mirrors weren't out so far). Few scuffs on the upper fairing. (Touched up).

I have them and I converted to Radar's Kit once I got over the drilling fear. Greg

Ya, Dat's it...... Failsafe install and IMHO, a much more 'robust' mounting point. :thumbsup:

If anything, the quality and design is to the level of almost overengineering.... but that's a GOOD thing! :joystick:

I have them and I converted to Radar's Kit once I got over the drilling fear. Greg

Ya, Dat's it...... Failsafe install and IMHO, a much more 'robust' mounting point. :thumbsup:

If anything, the quality and design is to the level of almost overengineering.... but that's a GOOD thing! :joystick:

I'd love to get a set of Radar's sliders for my VTEC, but don't have the scratch right now as all my extra $$ is going into the 750 project!

• 4 months later...
Guest drago52

I've got my motovation sliders installed now and the process was pretty smooth. I used superglue for the bottle, then backed that up with silicon sealant. No leaks. I also used the method where you unscrew the bolt until it pressed on the inside of the fairing to find the center hole. Once I had drilled a pilot hole, I installed the fairing again and used the dremel tool to locate the true center. I was usually off by about 1/2 cm, but I got the holes drilled perfectly. Check it out.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ryanhughes8/Mo...986623413118306

http://picasaweb.google.com/ryanhughes8/Mo...986633250953890

-Ryan

• 11 months later...

My water tank job was sub-par - I couldn't do it as cleanly as some of you have done.

I used a section of a baby bottle (!) as the inner tube, but it cracked after a few months of use.

So now I glued the expansion tank to the frame slider! It works so far, we'll see for how long..

Btw, is it my imagination or are the Motovations getting more and more expensive.

It seems I paid $60, but they are now 78?

-t