High Idle

• Member Contributer

Curious if anyone has come across this problem as I have a 2010 1200F and during start-up the bike has a cold idle of around 1500 rpm and once warm up is achieved the idle drops to around 1100 rpm. Now, once I put the bike in gear and release the clutch lever the idle goes to 1500-1800 rpm's  and mostly stays in that range. Other then this idle issue the bike is running smooth with no issues.

• Member Contributer

Sounds an anti-stall "feature!" 😇 Is that what the manual says it should do?

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, ReadingVFR said:

Curious if anyone has come across this problem as I have a 2010 1200F and during start-up the bike has a cold idle of around 1500 rpm and once warm up is achieved the idle drops to around 1100 rpm. Now, once I put the bike in gear and release the clutch lever the idle goes to 1500-1800 rpm's  and mostly stays in that range. Other then this idle issue the bike is running smooth with no issues.

Agree with bmart, I think Honda refer to it as "launch assist". 6 and 8gens have it. Once in gear and when the clutch switch just opens on release, rpm increases by approx 250rpm with a warm engine, can be even more rpm with a cold engine.

Don't think you have anything to worry about provided your warm engine idle is stable and consistent.

• Member Contributer

Thank you gentlemen as now it makes sense as this is the only motorcycle I own that has this feature so I figured something was amiss.

Archived