I am going to shut down vfrd soon

• Member Contributer

I have been on the forum only for 2 years, it is very valuable and I am blown away about the knowledge of the members. It is my daily read.

It will be a sad day when it ends! Thank you very much Miguel for all your work you put into this.

I will you all the Best!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Sad news for sure, but totally understandable. I wouldn't have been able to assemble the bike I've been riding for the last 15 years without this site.

Thanks for the journey HS!

I'm sad to hear VFR will soon be gone, but I completely understand the reasons.

Huge thanks to Miguel for all his hard work on this forum for the last couple decades.  It's been the best resource possible for all things VFR -- organizing rides, maintenance and repairs, and a great community of like-minded people who love these fantastic machines.

But it's been so much more than that to me.  For several years this was my favorite spot on the web.  I spent way too much time here, and was a real post-ho for a few years.  I made some great friends, attended a few T-macs/Spring Memorial Rides, and learned how to work on my bike some, at least to the best of my meager abilities.  (A good friend and occasional riding buddy I met through VFRD has helped me countless times with maintenance and a few mods, too.)  I would even hang out here on a Friday or Saturday night, just cruising the threads for whatever interesting stuff I could find.

I owned my 6th gen. a little over 14 years, and put over 97k miles on it.  And though I sold my VFR about three years ago, I still visit here often.  I can't offer much in the way of technical and mechanical knowledge, but I still enjoy the forum.  And I have to say my VFR ownership would not have been nearly the same without this forum and the people I've met, ridden with, and hung out with over the years.  VFRD has been a truly special place for me.

And for all that, I will say it again:  Thanks, HS.  And to the Mods and to the community in general.  🙂 

• Like 3

I've checked in here daily from joining in 05 to today. It filled the void left by the departure of motorcycle magazines. There has always been good reading here. Most of my closest friends were made at the rides posted on this site. This is a huge loss but keeping it going should not rest on one man. I hope that you enjoy your freedom Miguel and that you will always know what a wonderful impact you made in many many lives.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear the news but understand, Thanks for your service to this community and thanks to this community for their service to the VFR's!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Thanks for everything Miguel.

It was a privileged to be part of such an outstanding community because of your dedication.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Thank you very much Miguel for all you've done. This place has been like a second family for me. I'm aging out of mc riding as well. You are the only person in my life to give me the shirt of his back! I'll never forget you. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

When I repurchased my VFR, I was happy to see VFRD still around.  I have figured out who some of you are on the FB Groups but its not the same as a discussion board, with the same five questions every day in series.  Will be missed...would not have resurrected my VFR to anywhere close to what it is now without this place.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

All of your hard work and years of dedication are appreciated. This has always been the best motorcycle community on the internet. I met so many great people and have so many great memories that I never would have had if not for you and VFRD. VFRD has directly and indirectly enriched the lives of countless people. Thank you.

• Like 3

• Member Contributer

Well that is certainly not the best news I've heard recently.

All efforts are/were appreciated; it was kinda like having a saving account that I could draw on when needed.

TBH, I didn't realize that VFRD was headed up by one person; thought it was a group sharing the load.

All the best Slammer.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Well i just pulled out my VFR the other day and i was inspired to get started on the refresh of the suspension and knew this was still the best resource of information on the web. 😞 so many names are familiar either we met in person or in the constant banter here.. Thanks HS for all you have done for so many of us.  PS what was the final decision on what oil i should use?

DSC_0400.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Member Contributer

Wet. Oil. Wet oil. 🙂

(Mobil 1 4T, of course!)

Thanks for keeping it up so long.  Take care!

Is the fall ride still happening?  If so, I'd like to suggest that everyone who can make it, please go.  It would be awesome to have a big group for the last vfrd meetup.

• Member Contributer

Gutted to hear that, but at the same time I've been on here for 3 years and not really seen you on here so it's understandable from the effort vs benefit side. Thank you immensely for the effort you made to keep this going, I bought my VFR during COVID and had read half the forum by the time I actually picked it up. It wouldn't have been the same without this place. Running a forum is not my wheelhouse, but if someone stepped up to take it over would that be a possibility? There's got to be some IT types on here that would find this easy. Shame to lose all this collective knowledge.

• Like 3

Wow, I just got back on... hoping to share some stuff. Sad it'll be gone. Thanks to you and all the members who have helped and inspired me to stick with my project.

Hope there is some way to access the archives? Noticed some of my threads are no longer open... been some years, no big deal, but have gone to archive.

Hate to say it's like a library building on fire! Save the books, save the knowledge!

It was a good run... Thank you again for your hard work and dedication.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Thanks for keeping it up so long.  Take care!

Is the fall ride still happening?  If so, I'd like to suggest that everyone who can make it, please go.  It would be awesome to have a big group for the last vfrd meetup.

The spring and fall rides will continue. There’s a thread for the fall ride, as for the spring ride, we will be returning to Franklin NC in 2024. Keep an eye on the Facebook group for more info,

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, bmart said:

Oh brother...there's a F-book page too? 

Not in my world.  FUCK FB.

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

I could feel this coming. Thank you so much Miguel for keeping this place going as long as you did. No regrets, no worries. The end of an era.

When my 2 '99's are worn out I will likely be too. They may even outlast me.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all the work and passion HS and to all contributors aswell.

What will happen with the vast amount of information when it ends Miguel? 

• Member Contributer

image.png.3d47ab4f558a061d3b995219e019d116.png

As "post Ho #2" :wheel:,

what can I say?

image.png.4a12cdb33993eb6f027ddeb661f4d479.png

Thank you Miguel (and all of you). 

The grass is always greener euh shorter on the other side of the fence

20230525_142530_copy_3024x2268.thumb.jpg.28fdb9183acfbd5f1a5a34a8f4ecebdd.jpg

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Thank you for the many years you kept this valuable site active and engaging.  I will miss it tremendously, as I rely on the vast knowledge and experience found here to keep my '98 running and looking good.  I want to thank every member here who has given me advice and shared their knowledge.  I guess we could all migrate over to the "other VFR site".  I'm a member there but never visit anymore......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................20200905_112413.thumb.jpg.92629c55fdf222e9c9a1b184f1cbad5b.jpg

• Like 2