Vfr 800fi OEM exhaust system weight

Biker82

Hello all, I would like to lower the weight of the VFR800 FI with a stainless steel system and carbon oval Hi muffler, but to do that, I would like to see if anyone measured the OEM pipes + muffler to see if it's a noticeable difference. Also for anyone who bought a Delkevic exhaust complete system do you know how much that weights? 

Thank you! 

• Member Contributer

I weighed the OEM '99 header at 11lbs/5kg, and a Two Brothers stainless header at 7.5lbs/3.4kg, that was without silencer.

Welcome to the site.

1.5 kg is still something and I assume that OEM pipes and collector are still heavier than a new stainless steel system.

That is why I posted this thread, to see if there's an improvement. If only 5 or 6 kg less is a considerable deal+the added horse power and cleaner wider evap. 

I am also interested in seeing if anyone weighted the OEM exhaust system, especially the 2000-2001 model with the cat.

@Biker82

Where are you looking to buy the Delkevic system or what ever full system you are going for?

I am trying to find an EU supplier, but can only find UK suppliers.  I don't fancy paying loads of import costs.

5 hours ago, toreckman said:

I am also interested in seeing if anyone weighted the OEM exhaust system, especially the 2000-2001 model with the cat.

@Biker82

Where are you looking to buy the Delkevic system or what ever full system you are going for?

I am trying to find an EU supplier, but can only find UK suppliers.  I don't fancy paying loads of import costs.

Unfortunately I didn't find any EU manufacturers with complete systems, so the only two options are both from UK (Delkevic and BlackWidow). BW has cleaner look mounting bracket, but if I'm going to fit panniers from SW Motech (SLC style) I need to have a bit of clearance. DELKEVIC  system is 100 EUR lower than BW, but BW has a beautiful sound for a carbon 350 muffler (still undecided). 

Have you seen these exhausts here?

EU supplier and the have a good range of high mount/standard and carbon options.

Cheap too and I have seen good reviews.

But they don't do the down-pipes.  I was thinking of getting a set of lextek headers and a dominator high mount. Spending less on import costs.

8 hours ago, toreckman said:

Have you seen these exhausts here?

EU supplier and the have a good range of high mount/standard and carbon options.

Cheap too and I have seen good reviews.

But they don't do the down-pipes.  I was thinking of getting a set of lextek headers and a dominator high mount. Spending less on import costs.

Unfortunately they didn't have the complete system, only the hight mounting muffler option (they're closer, I know). I need to pass the inspection here, and the sound regulations are quite restrictive now. I will e-mail each producer to see if I can get more specs from them... Kg/Lbs, catalyser or not - I cannot decide without that type of info. 

• Member Contributer

There's always the WiLD headers available on this site.

• Member Contributer

I can confirm the Delkevic 14" (actual 17" overall) high mount with mid-pipe weighs 5 lbs.  Baffle can be removed.  I'd expect the low mount to be same weight.  If you're putting bags on, yep, I'd think you'd want the low mount.

The sound is quite good for the VFR with the baffle in.  The Two Brothers I had was obnoxiously loud.

• Member Contributer

This is their 13" tri oval on my '00. I did not remove any parts/baffles. 

• Member Contributer

The 2000/01 Cat header is 1.5Kg heavier than a 98/99 models. So from stock 2000/01 model to TBR headers saves 3Kg & the stock silencer to a lightweight alternative saves another 3Kg. So you can lose 6-7Kg over stock. 

• Member Contributer

Ti silencer is not much heavier than the Faux Carbon ones (most are only carbon on the outer skin). But its pretty much heat proof so can be used hi-mount with luggage. I have run mine hard on trackday in 33c heat & can touch it with bare hand when you stop. Ti does not conduct heat very well which is why it makes good headers as well as being half the weight of steel & corrosion proof. 

• Member Contributer

The factory muffler alone on my 4th gen weighed 6.1 kilo.

The CF&Ti Akrapovic 1.6kg...

On 4/30/2023 at 5:39 PM, Mohawk said:

The 2000/01 Cat header is 1.5Kg heavier than a 98/99 models. So from stock 2000/01 model to TBR headers saves 3Kg & the stock silencer to a lightweight alternative saves another 3Kg. So you can lose 6-7Kg over stock. 

So if I change the OEM muffler with a 300 high mount carbon oval and do a vape bypass, I can easily loose 4-kg 🤩🏍️

I have to fabricate some linkage for sv-motech sidecase system and that will also add a little. Every 500g /pund counts 👍😁

Archived