Sold my 03 VFR and would like to get a new bike. What replaces the VFR?

I sold my 03 VFR about 12 yrs ago when i got married and would like to get another bike.  Since Honda does not make the VFR anymore what should i get to  replace the VFR?  I stopped at a local dealership today and looked at a CTX 1300 and CTX 1300 Deluxe.  Does anyone have any advice on these or other bikes that would scratch the VFR itch?  Thanks in advance.image.png.a0f941e7244105be709a8a27f5eb1632.png

1 hour ago, bmart said:

Why not buy another VFR? 

I see a VFR1200 but don't know much about that version.  What generation would you recommend?

• Member Contributer

5th generation, '98-'01. Plenty of power. Still sporty. Comfy. 

• Member Contributer

What can I say (I'm completely biased) other than to find yourself a well cared for 8gen. Worth the effort and added cost for the Deluxe version. Love My 8gen.!!

Good Luck

1 hour ago, Grum said:

What can I say (I'm completely biased) other than to find yourself a well cared for 8gen. Worth the effort and added cost for the Deluxe version. Love My 8gen.!!

Good Luck

Thanks

• Member Contributer

Any VFR, 750, 800, 1200, they're all brilliant. 

Nice 6th gen. VFRs aren't exactly rare, so if you loved your '03 you should be able to find another 6th gen. easily enough.  If you want to spend more, there are 7th and 8th gen. models around, but not as many as 6th gens, from what I've seen online.

Barring a VFR, if you're looking for a mid-sized sport-touring machine with factory hardbags, I'd look at the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT, and BMW R1200RS (or the newer 1250 version).  You could also look at the Kawasaki Concours 14, which is more on par with the VFR 1200.

Shamless plug... Ol'Heavy is listed in the classifieds.😉

I know of at least five former VFR owners who are now riding the Tiger660. In my case, age has me wanting a lighter, more upright machine. At around a hundred pounds less weight and still 80 hp, it is a brilliant little twisty road carver that can carry luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 9:00 AM, TimC said:

Nice 6th gen. VFRs aren't exactly rare, so if you loved your '03 you should be able to find another 6th gen. easily enough.  If you want to spend more, there are 7th and 8th gen. models around, but not as many as 6th gens, from what I've seen online.

Barring a VFR, if you're looking for a mid-sized sport-touring machine with factory hardbags, I'd look at the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX, Suzuki GSX-S1000GT, and BMW R1200RS (or the newer 1250 version).  You could also look at the Kawasaki Concours 14, which is more on par with the VFR 1200.

Thanks Tim.  Are the 8th generation 2015 good ones?

On 4/21/2023 at 9:11 PM, bmart said:

Why not buy another VFR? 

I'm extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 VFR DLX.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:33 PM, Grum said:

Good Luck

Very close to doing this. 2015.

The 8th gen is hard to beat.  Very reliable and plenty of power and stability for two-up riding also.

I didn't opt for the deluxe because I didn't need the added features, which I would never use.

I needed a capable bike with plenty of OEM parts still available, so for me it was an easy choice.  2014 VFR in red,

Archived