BEST Way to set forks back to stock settings...

RC79NC001

My dealership raised my forks in the triple tree lowering the front of the bike and screwing up the geometry. I realized something was 

really amiss when I tried to use my Pitt Bull Hybrid stand to lift the front of the bike by the triple and it interfered so badly with the fairing

that it wouldn't work. Any ideas about how to get the forks back to oem height ?

• Member Contributer

Page 15-22.  Stock fork height is 37mm above the top triple clamp, or distance form the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork.

I use one of those micrometers that has a ruler thingy sticking out the other end to measure until it's just so on both sides.

But, It's catch 22. I can't adjust the forks because my front stand interferes with the fairing.

I could remove the fairing and then maybe the stand would work....I'm looking for ideas from those who have been there and done this.

• Member Contributer

Car jack under the downpipes where they are horizontal at the bottom with a piece of wood between them.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Skids said:

Car jack under the downpipes where they are horizontal at the bottom with a piece of wood between them.

Or...lots of weight on the pillion seat, or 25-35lb dumb bells in the saddle bags, etc. with the bike on the center stand.  In the past I've done mine with a heavy tool case on the back seat and a little weight in the bags.  I put something under the front somewhere for "just in case," but lots of ways other than the front stand to get the front up.  I have one...but rarely use it unless I am leaving the bike up for a while.

Archived