97 vfr 750 r/r

I know this is not a new topic. Just want some opinions to see if I’m heading in the right direction. I’m the new owner of a 97 vfr 750 and the electrical connector that plugs into the r/r has melted. Seems like 1 wire is the culprit(red and white) which I believe is a sensor wire! What is going to be my best bet on resolving the issue? 

• Member Contributer

Search the forum. You'll find the answers you need. VFRs need some AC/DC love from the factory. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's been several years ago but I had issues with my stock RR on my 97' VFR. At the time did some research and found these resources (I am sure others can be found on this site but I had this on my computer). In short I ended up going with an aftermarket R/R and rewired a new harnes with higher gauge cable to handle amps necessary. and have never had a problem since.

Hope this helps and you find your solution!

👊😉

-----------

voltage regulator check list.txtThe Junkyard Dog Regulator-Rectifier.htmSources of R-R Problems with Recommended Solutions.htm