New / Old member checking in

dcompson

Greetings from Las Vegas Nevada. I used to be a member here years ago when I owned a 91 VFR. Now, I'm back and am picking up a 2007 anniversary model. I have owned a few vf and vfr's over the years and many on this site were very helpful. Sebspeed and Capt. 80's are a few names I recognize. I will poke around the site and begin learning about my new bike.

Thanks

Dave

Welcome back to VFRD🙂

I sold my 6th gen. a couple years ago now, but I'm still here harassing the locals once in a while.  This forum is just too good to give up, plus there's always a chance I'll buy another VFR eventually.  😉

Yes Capt., let me see. Ive had a 2011 BMW GS adventure, an 83 VF750, a 77 Kawasaki LTD kz1000, a 88 Honda Hurricane 600, an 85 BMW K100. Sold them all, I regret letting a few go. Now, i'm down to the 77 BMW R100RS, and an 89 Honda Elite 250 that im working on. Ill be picking up the 2007 VFR in a few weeks. I am kinda nervous about the vtec valve adjustment situation.

I have a friendly local motorcycle shop that I use for stuff i'm not comfortable with. I asked the owner what he thought of that generation vfr and he told me to stay away from them due to the valve job and overheating issues. I live in Las Vegas. He told me the valve job is so labor intensive he wont even do them. And, most bike shops here in town dont want to work on anything older than 10 years.

I'm not afraid of digging in though. I should be fine. (Famous last words.)

Archived