2015 8th gen VFR800F error reset

Theunis

Hi there, can anyone tell me? Do I need a special tool to reset error codes on my 2015 VFR800F or can I do it the same as on the 2002 to 2013 VTEC? There I just used a wire to reset?

• Member Contributer

You can download the 8gen Service Manual from the forum. Hopefully this link will get you there.

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/search/&tags=vfr800x

The ECM memory clearing procedure is much the same as a 6gen. No special tool needed, just make up a suitable shorting link.(SCS)

Note -

DLC = Data Link Connector.

DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code.

MIL = Malfunction Indicator Lamp.

SCS = Service Check Shorting Connector. This needs to be between the Brown and Green wire of the DLC.

Just curious. What Trouble Codes are you suspecting or have?

20230320_045838.jpg

Thanks that actually helped, I just finished with the Bike, I rebuilt it. Wasn't sure what's waiting for me. Only one problem left. The fuel pump was working but now it doesn't come in?? Don't know what's that because there's no errors. And I don't get any power on the fuel pump at all, fuses are still fine. 

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Theunis said:

Thanks that actually helped, I just finished with the Bike, I rebuilt it. Wasn't sure what's waiting for me. Only one problem left. The fuel pump was working but now it doesn't come in?? Don't know what's that because there's no errors. And I don't get any power on the fuel pump at all, fuses are still fine. 

There are no error codes for the Fuel Pump. The pump will only operate for 2 to 3secs at Ignition Switch On. It is then enabled during cranking and engine running when crank pulses are detected by the ECM. The ECM provides the control Ground to energize the Fuel Pump Relay.

You need to measure voltages at the Relay refer to wiring diagam. You should also hear the relay switch on then off at switch on. Any doubts about the Fuel Pump Relay it can be swapped with any of the other relays, suggest using the Headlight (Hi Beam) Relay.

Archived