Need help finding parts for 1997 VFR750… can’t find ‘em

Help me Obi-VFR’ers, you’re my only hope.  Need help finding parts for my beloved 1997 VFR750…All my usual websites are empty, no longer there, or sold out.  Even David Silver Spares

1.  Right brake pedal lever

2.  Left gear shift lever

3.  Right mirror assembly

Nozz

C9DBD3CB-23CB-48B3-9BDC-7B7C762D5827.jpeg

957F447E-34CF-47B6-805B-293D47B75FED.png

FDF73AC9-23E0-4996-8E0F-3AC151F003DA.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Shift and brake are gonna have to be ebay used.  Prepare to do some tweaking, filing, sanding and painting.  Or do that to yours if they are salvageable. 

Mirrors.  Just get a set of Emgo mirrors for the 2000-2001 VFR.  You lose the rubber condom and they just look nicer.  Have a set on my 95 and love them.

7 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

Shift and brake are gonna have to be ebay used.  Prepare to do some tweaking, filing, sanding and painting.  Or do that to yours if they are salvageable. 

Mirrors.  Just get a set of Emgo mirrors for the 2000-2001 VFR.  You lose the rubber condom and they just look nicer.  Have a set on my 95 and love them.

Awesome advice.  I replaced my VFR800 rubber condom mirrors with better ones.  Couldn’t remember the brand. Can you send me a link?

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

Here's the Part #s

20-37341

20-37342

Ordered a pair of those mirrors for my '98-thanks for the suggestion.  Much nicer looking than the stock mirrors.

12 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

Ordered a pair of those mirrors for my '98-thanks for the suggestion.  Much nicer looking than the stock mirrors.

just did the same… thanks y’all!  I upload a pic soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So, I need some advice.  The original 10 mm bolts are so close to the inside of the mounting bracket I can't get a socket on it-not even my thinnest wall sockets.  I assume most use allen head bolts?  If so what size?  Also how much of the original rubber gasket and metal piece are you guys using?  I was only going to use the rubber gasket as one can see the edges of the metal piece. 

• Member Contributer

I used black allen socket bolts on mine.  I also inverted (?) the rubbers so the excess was better hidden and I didn't feel it needed to be trimmed to look stock.  Play around a little, you'll probably see what I did and if you like it.

• Member Contributer

Yes they are socket head cap screws (Allen bolts) M6x16, they are black from Honda, P/N 96600-06016-07. Probably cheaper to buy black stainless ones from ProBolt if you don't have a nearby source.

Archived