Hayes manuals

TimReg

I've not long bought a 2014 VFR800F as a do it all bike. I'm not a skilled mechanic,  but I can follow a Hayes manual and like to do all the basic servicing and maintenance myself...but it doesn't look like Hayes have published a manual for the gen 8 (unless I'm being daft and missing something). I know there are Honda shop manuals out there, but they are expensive. So, does rhe Hayes manual that is available for earlier gen bikes 'work' for the 8th gen. I know there have been electronics updates etc, but I think the basic engine and chassis architecture is the same, and I'm talking about fairly basic fluids, filters, chains, sprockets and brake pads level stuff. Cheers Tim 

Hi, have a look in the downloads section on this site; the official honda service manual for the RC79/8th Gen is there. It's very clear and possibly even better than the Haynes product ( which as you say doesn't exist for our version).

• Member Contributer

The only choices, AFAIK, are the download or you buy the Honda manual.

• Member Contributer
On 3/3/2023 at 4:31 AM, TimReg said:

Thanks, I'll take a look. .although something old fashioned in me likes an actual book!

Same as you, I have a difficult time following on a tablet while working on my bike.

Archived