PAIR Block off Plates for VFR800

Hingley

• Member Contributer

Has anyone had much luck lately finding a good quality PAIR Block off kit for the 1999 VFR800

Around here all I can find are kits for the CBR600 etc, nothing listed for the VFR

At the very least does anyone know if other Honda models PAIR kits fit the VFR800's ?

• Member Contributer

Not all the way over in Canada but there is one in the UK and also in Europe. Stateside guys will know.

Not much help I know 🧐

As an aside, I just fitted mine over winter, starter valve sync is coming. Eager to see the difference.

• Member Contributer

I got mine for my 01 from a UK ebay seller. Excellent quality. Honda VFR800Fi, VFR800VTEC, Crossrunner PAIR's removal Kit | eBay

Mello Dude on here makes them too. I bought a set years ago for my 08 and they were excellent too.

21 minutes ago, Bren said:

As an aside, I just fitted mine over winter, starter valve sync is coming. Eager to see the difference.

Makes a noticeable difference on mine.

• Member Contributer

another vote for @mello dude's block-off plates. 

and like Mohawk said - no more popping and banging, completely solved the issue on my bike with an aftermarket exhaust. 

• Member Contributer

Hey all.....I'm out of stock, and the leftovers are scrapish......I have been getting onesie inquiries,  but really I would need to make another batch, but that is a chunk of bucks for me to justify one sale...

--- If 5 guys would speak up for another batch, then I could go for it. Another wedgie.....US only, postage for Canada has gone whacko...(sry)

Beers to all... :beer:

• 2 months later...

On 2/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, Skids said:

Mello Dude on here makes them too.

Can confirm, bought a set off him last year. Nice dude.

• Member Contributer

Just got mine.  They look great.  And I don't even own that model!!

Potentially dumb question but why not pull the hose and put a vacuum cap on the port? I get that the plate is a bit cleaner, but I can't think of a mechanical downside to just capping it

• Member Contributer

There's A LOT of things that VFR owners do that don't have a mechanical advantage and are just cooler.  And as you said, "cleaner".  If it ain't doing shit anymore, it doesn't need to be bolted to my bike and potentially in my way in the future.  Less clutter and (a little) weight too.

1 hour ago, Captain 80s said:

There's A LOT of things that VFR owners do that don't have a mechanical advantage and are just cooler.  And as you said, "cleaner".  If it ain't doing shit anymore, it doesn't need to be bolted to my bike and potentially in my way in the future.  Less clutter and (a little) weight too.

Agreed. Going to be doing my thermostat soon; while I have the TBs off I'm replacing the coolant and vacuum hoses, deleting all the California emissions crap, and the PAIR

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, timmoer said:

Potentially dumb question but why not pull the hose and put a vacuum cap on the port? I get that the plate is a bit cleaner, but I can't think of a mechanical downside to just capping it

That's how mine has been since 2003.  The caps were dry rotting and cracked when I got the bike back in 2020, so...clearly I needed metal plates all along? 🫣

Vacuum caps work, and someone else has put a marble inside the hose.  They all work, this will just be a little cleaner looking.

• Member Contributer

Parts are for 5th and 6th gen bikes. My understanding is that they will fit CBR1000R Blackbird too. 

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, dcompson said:

Do you have a set for a 6th gen? I need a set for my 2007.

Thanks

Check PM plz. 

Archived