Motorcycle won't start

RyanT

Thanks for all the help I have tested the starter relay and it is getting power from the battery even when the voltage goes down. The relay is one I bought off amazon that says it was made for my bike if that changes anything. I opened up the start switch and that is all good.The next thing I am going to do is find the starter motor and see if it is grounded or blocked by anything.

7 hours ago, RyanT said:

The relay is one I bought off amazon that says it was made for my bike if that changes anything.

the cheapest possible chinese reproduction of a quality japanese oem part and won't last as long., light duty probably designed for a small asian scooter.  did you hook up the B and M terminals correctly and not switched ?  don't believe claims that something fits your bike if it comes from chinese amazon.

• Member Contributer

Any progress on this?

I'm having a similar issue, very large draw when I go to start, motor will turn over but slowly. Been through everything other than going through the entire wiring harness looking for a bad connection.

• Member Contributer

Have you tried to move it in gear to see if the engine will turn over (not seized), or remove right side timing cover access and turn over with a socket?

Yes I have made progress I tested out the starter motor out of the bike and that spins perfectly so I think it is a seized engine because I removed the clutch cover and I could not move the motor with a socket.

Archived