Throttle surge?

MotoGreets

• 2 months later...

Similar thing occurs in my bike too. The revs are hard to keep steady when at neutral and revving at the low range. I don't think there is nothing wrong with this, it is just how it is with this model of bike. My bike is 2008 and now has roughly the same mileage than yours.

Other than that, your idle is too high. Factory specs are 1200 +/- 100 rpm. 

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, FinskiVTEC said:

Similar thing occurs in my bike too. The revs are hard to keep steady when at neutral and revving at the low range. I don't think there is nothing wrong with this, it is just how it is with this model of bike. My bike is 2008 and now has roughly the same mileage than yours.

At least check that the Starter Valves are properly synched.

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Grum said:

At least check that the Starter Valves are properly synched.

This and PAIR delete. 

This happens to me on small throttle openings which has me thinking it's the starter/idle air valve synchronization issue as well. My bike seems to abruptly switch/surge between air feeding in through these and the actual throttle butterfly valves, creating a jerking back-and-forth motion which makes it incredibly frustrating to ride with the throttle barely cracked.

I have a carb/throttle sync tool that I've been meaning to use to check the starter valves but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping I can crack into it this weekend.

If I remember to post the results here, I will lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine isn't quite as bad as what the video shows there but it's not as smooth as my carbed 750 (when it last ran). Low RPMs, especially around 3k, can be a little jerky. Anything above is fine. 

As someone else said, adjust your idle speed down to about 1200rpm, yours is too high (unless it was just fast-idling cos it was cold....by the way I find my 800 a little jerky when cold, it smooths out a bit when warm). 

Archived