2001 Dash Bezel Fitment

PLCGuy

• Member Contributer

2001 Dash Bezel Fitment

I have a 2001 that the dash Bezel does not seem to Fit around the raised area on the dash. Looking at all the Pics I can, it does appear it should be tight against the back of the dash (see example pic) I have two bezels (one an aftermarket) and both will not lay flat around the raised area. 

I'm guessing the factory one shrank with UV and the other is well, an import.

Can anyone measure the dash raised area for me so I can determine if its my dash or my bezel , please?

neither is cheap or easy to get, so I want to get this right. I'm tired of my dash looking like it was in a wreck.

thank you!

63c389812840b76d435b7e25.jpg

• Member Contributer

My 2000 fits great. My 1998 doesn't. 

It looks to me like you might be missing some bits/spacers. Look at the parts page and compare to yours. 

• Member Contributer

no, no spacers involved, I have the dash and bezel in my hand. I would think the bezel should slide over the dash area

• Member Contributer

It should, but the dash is on spacers/grommets to locate it in the proper place. It would be very easy for someone to have missed those or installed them incorrectly and move the dash forward to backward. 

• Member Contributer

Can any one measure the bezel opening for me, please....

No disassembly required, just fairly accurate numbers on the width of the Dash (which should be the same as the opening in the bezel)

thank you

Archived