Hi everyone!

suawek

Hello everyone!

I am new(-ish) member here. (Had an account for a while but just lurked, downloaded some manuals etc.)

As of why I'm here it's simple - I really like Honda VFR.

Reasons are probably similar to many things you might like like cool engine , nice balance between sport and touring, mono swing arm and all that. 

I was riding '92 RC 36/1 for one season until I had accident and that motorcycle was destroyed in it. I will miss gear driven cams sound :<

Тhis is how it looked like:

IMG_20210222_152018.thumb.jpg.d9b02a8330cafd744a12d53a6ac6ffcd.jpg

Year and a half later I am owner of 2017 VFR 800 (RC 93) which has very low mileage (<2400km on the clock) 

Below is photo (it's actually from seller's offer on local marketplace website so that's why its watermarked, but he made better pics than me 😂)

1655349920_image(7).webp.45313e8fead4eaf54d63a74946d3d8f1.webp

To be honest I haven't ridden it yet because I did purchase it in middle of the winter.

I am kind of  lucky with motorcycle purchases - it is my third one, and all of them were purchased sometime between November and February so stuff like test rides are usually bad idea when it's freezing 😆 And all of them had no hidden problems. Having a mechanic with you helps I guess.

This VFR is equipped with factory quick shifter, panniers and top box so it's kind of  'complete package'. Previous owner did great job with waxing etc. so there are no visual defects on painted stuff.

So here I am, patiently awaiting for winter to end 😂

choose files...

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, suawek said:

Hello everyone!

I am new(-ish) member here. (Had an account for a while but just lurked, downloaded some manuals etc.)

As of why I'm here it's simple - I really like Honda VFR.

Reasons are probably similar to many things you might like like cool engine , nice balance between sport and touring, mono swing arm and all that. 

I was riding '92 RC 36/1 for one season until I had accident and that motorcycle was destroyed in it. I will miss gear driven cams sound :<

Тhis is how it looked like:

IMG_20210222_152018.thumb.jpg.d9b02a8330cafd744a12d53a6ac6ffcd.jpg

Year and a half later I am owner of 2017 VFR 800 (RC 93) which has very low mileage (<2400km on the clock) 

Below is photo (it's actually from seller's offer on local marketplace website so that's why its watermarked, but he made better pics than me 😂)

1655349920_image(7).webp.45313e8fead4eaf54d63a74946d3d8f1.webp

To be honest I haven't ridden it yet because I did purchase it in middle of the winter.

I am kind of  lucky with motorcycle purchases - it is my third one, and all of them were purchased sometime between November and February so stuff like test rides are usually bad idea when it's freezing 😆 And all of them had no hidden problems. Having a mechanic with you helps I guess.

This VFR is equipped with factory quick shifter, panniers and top box so it's kind of  'complete package'. Previous owner did great job with waxing etc. so there are no visual defects on painted stuff.

So here I am, patiently awaiting for winter to end 😂

choose files...

It looks good but why not ride in the winter? (I assume winters in Poland are full of terrible weather)

• Member Contributer

Welcome

I test rode my VTR1000-SP2 in winter, with a cast on my broken wrist.... :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD.

I can't remember seeing a green VFR750 - your's looked fantastic. Your new VFR800 will feel quite different, but you will grow to love it.

• Member Contributer

Welcome Suawek.

Hope you enjoy your 8gen as much as I do. Its a very reliable machine with all the previous generation VFR electrical issue sorted. Mine has 91,000kms and its been faultless, its the best of the four VFR's I've owned. Look after it and it will look after you.

Safe Riding.

Cheers.:beer:

10 hours ago, WDIV said:

It looks good but why not ride in the winter? (I assume winters in Poland are full of terrible weather)

To be honest I usually ride in the winter, so my season start in February and ends in November or in December if its really warm.

In this case its combination of weak quadriceps muscle

(I am recovering from femur fracture and some additional nerve damage that caused my right leg to be weak)

and some more pending maintenance items like tires that could be replaced - they look brand new but are 5+ years old - these are the ones that came with the bike when previous owner bought it from dealer)

Also winter in Poland is not that bad, however very generous amounts of salt are used on the roads so I avoid riding after it really gets cold. Heated grips are really a luxury, when you discover how nice is to have warm hands you suddenly realise that there is no bad weather for some motorcycling 😆

7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Welcome

I test rode my VTR1000-SP2 in winter, with a cast on my broken wrist.... :tongue:

To be honest I decided to wait because I am working on restoring muscle strength to my right leg (had two operations on it to set broken femur, and first one was botched so they had to cut through all that muscle again, also have one damaged nerve which also did not help). 

But I'm getting there, will probably start season really carefully - have old CBF 600 laying around so I'll  probably use it for first few rides.

I'm not gonna lie - having new machine  waiting for you is like an itch that you can relieve in only one way 😏

9 minutes ago, Grum said:

Welcome Suawek.

Hope you enjoy your 8gen as much as I do. Its a very reliable machine with all the previous generation VFR electrical issue sorted. Mine has 91,000kms and its been faultless, its the best of the four VFR's I've owned. Look after it and it will look after you.

Safe Riding.

Cheers.:beer:

Thanks for welcome!.

I read a lot here about  that electrical issues, because of it I did make new harness and used regulator from Yamaha R1 which is MOSFET based so it did not heat up that much. Made nice adapter plate from thick aluminium sheet and attached it to subframe. I like to overengineer things so I used really thick wires and wired it directly to battery via fuse. Also removed that flimsy stator connector  and soldered wires directly so it was a nice upgrade.

Anyway it's nice to hear that that got finally acknowledged and fixed, because from what I saw everyone agreed that regulators for old VFRs were basically consumable items like fuel etc. 

2 hours ago, Lorne said:

Welcome to VFRD.

I can't remember seeing a green VFR750 - your's looked fantastic. Your new VFR800 will feel quite different, but you will grow to love it.

Thanks! I think that I really can't go wrong with another VFR.

This is kind of bike which when you compare on paper with other bikes like Kawasaki Z1000 etc. you will notice that it has less torque, less top horsepower,

but reading about it and actually riding it are two very different things and it is no surprise that after all these years they still produce them (at least they did until 2021 or so if I recall correctly)

How I found about it is that one summer I was waiting before train crossing for train to pass and near me was guy with nice bike, asked him about it and just after one look I knew that sooner or later I will get one of these. And few months later in winter one was in my garage. Lots of maintenance had to be done, but I think I learned to appreciate engineering that made it work.

So I'm really glad to see that forum here is still alive and there are more people that have similar taste. "all great minds are all alike" or something like that 😂

Archived