Hello

Bravo

Hello

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum.

Managed to bag myself a 94 plate 4th gen in the fastest,sexiest colour quite by chance during lock down,I was having some tyres(that's the correct spelling) fitted to my Beemer at my local friendly motorcycle emporium when I saw this red beauty glistening in the sunlight and I was smitten. 

A quick "How much will you knock off for me?" conversation followed and a test ride was arranged for the following afternoon. 

Mrs Bravo moaned at me when I informed her of my impending purchase saying that it'll probably be an old piece of shit but she changed her mind as she caught a glimpse of its Testarossa-esque flanks and beautiful lines,anyhow we took it for a thrash along one of my favourite country roads and the sound of those gear driven cams in the higher rev range was intoxicating. Obviously being a 25 Yr old bike it had a few faults,the speedo worked intermittently, the suspension was soggy etc. The speedo was fixed before I picked it up the following weekend and I became a VFR Owner!

Since I've owned it I've done a few tasteful mods,it's had a Hagon shock fitted on the back,Hagon springs in the forks which also benefited from new bushes,braided lines all round, an 8 spoke rear wheel,both wheels powder coated along with the clutch and stator cover. 

I'm now ,looking for a decent set of mirrors to replace the old condoms.

She's been on limited mileage insurance as she and my SV1000 only come out of the garage on dry days,my BMDUBYA is ridden all weathers as long as it isn't snowing.

Looking forward to picking up more info.

Cheers  Bravo

• Member Contributer

Oh yeah!!   Awesome.  And welcome!  I'm just buttoning up my 95 I got last year after going thru everything too.  (Forks, Shock, Lines, etc)

I agree on the year 2000/01 mirrors.  They look great, the bolt pattern is correct and the view is good.  I think I just reversed (inverted?) my rubbers that normally live under plates that hold the condoms and they are almost hidden, but still take up the correct gap.  Was gonna do some trimming but didn't think it was needed when I was done.

But...   you only get one chance to post pics in your first post.  ;-(   We like pics.

20210702_151142.thumb.jpg.dac436e31324f295b92b4cd6d5e6d409.jpg

Old pic from last year.  Stupid carbon-look tank pad is gone.

Cheers!

48 minutes ago, Captain 80s said:

DOES NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

doesnotfollowdirections.jpg.15fc20900850df7dfae44dd5650e5ce5.jpg

(Strictly no parking)  🤣

I've always had a problem with being told what to do

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Wald said:

Welcome to the forum from CT, USA. Yes, it is a beauty! ....and the noise it makes!

Sweet, sweet noise.  Rolled mine out last night to run it after getting it all back together, finishing with an oil change and new coolant.  Neighbor across the street and down was peeking thru the blinds.  Don't think she was quite on the same "sounds sweet" vibe I was on.  Boo-fucking-hoo, it was 4:45 PM and I hadn't heard it IN MONTHS.  Can't wait to ride it after the mods.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

doesnotfollowdirections.jpg.15fc20900850df7dfae44dd5650e5ce5.jpg

(Strictly no parking)  🤣

I have the same problem...

IMG_3179.JPG

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Terry said:

Yeah, looks we are all in the same club!

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, Terry said:

I have the same problem...

IMG_3179.JPG

And somebody peeking thru the blinds!

abner-kravitz.gif.acacc012d87a9d4b3db6a7a5a6345c7e.gif

Archived