Farewell old friend

slo1

• Member Contributer

As many of you know, it's rough when the kids leave the nest. The Tyga VFR was built over several years, with the finishing touches (wheels/rearsets) done by a friend who helped get the Tyga 4th gen stuff made. He is now in full possession of it and I don't see it ever returning to my garage.

There are still two 4th gens, and a 5th, but this was pretty special.

20220524_203300.thumb.jpg.c30d43591a5462ac3e78b87454fcd93d.jpg 

1623876677_Tyga4thgen.thumb.jpg.4e1501a6e379a9414e4cea0e199f9cc6.jpg1504863330_RideG2022(4).thumb.jpg.1c182a2e652c9f61ae76ac98fe481e52.jpg

• Member Contributer

Now that is very nice indeed, I did not think  Red and Gold would go together but they do here

And that exhaust piping and can are one of the best left handers I have seen, most of the others I have seen are positioned down way too far, this one reminds me of the RC30

Wish to hell it was in my garage in between the 1990 and 1999, that would be just about right for a bucket list item

IMG_4050.JPG

• Member Contributer

I've heard it makes it a little easier when you know the new home and and it's a good one.  A new love affair for somebody else.  Damn cool bike.

• Member Contributer

I was just on the TYGA Webbsite

Thank god they do not have a left hand exhaust system and other components for the 3rd Gen ( 90-93 )

I could see my self getting weak, fast, with the credit card

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Hingley said:

Thank god they do not have a left hand exhaust system and other components for the 3rd Gen ( 90-93 )

I *think* the fourth gen and 3rd gen exhausts are interchangeable, as I have read on this forum that the 4th gen stock exhaust is an upgrade to the 3rd gen with that large set of "intestines" below the back of the engine. I may be wrong, so verify before breaking out the credit card...

• Member Contributer

Yes, the block and heads are the same, so the exhausts do interchange, but you need to fit all the bits together--mix 'n match doesn't work. 

I actually have a TBR 4th gen header on my 3rd gen VFR.  It fits fine, but I had to space the center stand bracket down 30mm or so to clear the main pipe.  (Which wasn't a problem, because I also flipped the eccentric and raised the rear ride height a similar amount...) :happy:

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

A Sebring LHS system for the 3rd gen will NOT fit a 4th gen outright.  

The 4th gen's mounting points for the centre stand are in the way/need grinding of.

Don't ask how I found out.... :laugh: 

• Member Contributer
On 12/17/2022 at 10:25 PM, Hingley said:

Sold the system to a 3rd gen owner in London.

large.16864257_1340986676022688_5819412401187671131_n.jpg.c2715cbbf6b254f25280dbba394904a9.jpg.8ec5ea9d43dbbeace0e039703c7de83b.jpg

(Sebring's mounting design is a bit poor)

gallery_30653_7681_672162.thumb.jpg.31880fe2786ff0da9132eda4670ec11f.jpg

By the way, Sebring cans are LOUD 

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Dutchy said:

A Sebring LHS system for the 3rd gen will NOT fit a 4th gen outright.  

The 4th gen's mounting points for the centre stand are in the way/need grinding of.

Don't ask how I found out.... :laugh: 

In that case, I stand corrected!  Maybe I should have said that 4th gen systems will fit on 3rd gen bikes?  Having to lose the center stand permanently would be a fairly drastic modification...

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, JZH said:

In that case, I stand corrected!  Maybe I should have said that 4th gen systems will fit on 3rd gen bikes?  Having to lose the center stand permanently would be a fairly drastic modification...

Ciao,

JZH

Well....   that was a LEFT exit system.  I was comparing my 92 and 95 the other night.  I think I'll pull out my TBR Left exit for the 92 and see how it fits up on the 95.  If I had my 92 stock exhaust off I would do some direct comparisons, as I have my 95 system off right now for some work.

Archived