First Aid Kits

bmart

• Member Contributer

So...do any of you carry one? If so, what do you carry and is there a special kit or component(s) you might recommend. I really should be carrying one on every ride, especially the off road ones, so I'm going to remedy that soon!

One riding buddy carries this:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01HGSLB6K/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_8MTCME24JP61GVXSF101_0

I carry a small first aid kit during trips and tours, but otherwise do not carry one regularly.  I should have one with me during long single-day rides, too.

I don't have a link to the one I bought, but I think I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods.  It isn't the best but hopefully I'll never need it!  😉 

• Member Contributer

It has been interesting to read about online. If I need a band aid...I don't really need a band aid and that won't stop a day. If I need to stop bleeding or have to survive a nite in the cold...that's a different story. So few want to ride these days compared to my younger years that I end up riding alone a lot, even off road. 

I keep one in my car's glovebox, and one in my bike's top case.  I'm on the first aid team at work.  It's a simple kit.  Some trauma bandages, some tape, blood clotting agent, gloves, etc.  

What you carry really isn't that important.  It really boils down to knowing how to use what you have and how to respond to the emergency.  

I'd recommend a basic first aid class, then a stop the bleed class.

Archived