Color code label photo please for a genuine '86 VFR in Factory Red/White/Blue

Skipper

• Member Contributer

I have an '89 VFR750 in Granite Blue - looks black to me but I'm Color defective - anyway I intend to paint it in the '86 VFR Interceptor colors of Red, White & Blue but would also like to apply the correct paint label so would appreciate if someone having the genuine factory label could post a photo so I can get a label made up

IMG_3160.JPG

VFR colours .JPG

• Member Contributer

Please don't do it. Granite blue was the best color they painted these! Murder an ugly red one...

• Member Contributer

I have 1992 VFR in Granite Blue.  It's a really cool color, especially in the sun.  But for the sin of clear-coating purple pinstriping around a charcoal Honda decal...

PXL_20221203_173531371_MP.thumb.jpg.4243fff458ce4f8498eea98d43bdf12f.jpg

I provide this:

PXL_20221203_173713267.thumb.jpg.3d7780446177db52ce49877d2ef29927.jpg

Candy Aleutian Blue
PB-127CU

Fighting Red
R134OF

Shasta White
NH-138

Directly from the caps of Pro Honda Touch Up Paint

Here are the currently available auto equivalents:

https://vfrworld.com/threads/vf1000r-paint-codes.58773/#post-619568

And this is from a 2008 post:

I had some touch up paint made for my 750 a few years back. According to my notes from that, these are the Honda color names and codes:

Shasta White - NH138
Fighting Red - R134
Candy Aleutian Blue - PB127MU

I had them matched with PPG paint. Here is the info:

Honda Red - DBC3001 (Mars Red)
Honda White - DBC898 (Grand Prix Weiss)
Honda Blue - DBC103762 (Liberty Blue Mica)

• Member Contributer

Hi bmart,  sorry to be a spoiler but my prime objective is "to be seen" and a solid dark color just doesn't cut it for me
Also, when I purchased the old girl she was practically a rescue effort, even the bike wreckers didn't want to know her due to the amount of superficial damage

Many hours (countless) later the fairings are all repaired, new hand built stainless steel mufflers to suit original style, all pipes panel beaten and ceramic coated,- just about respectable

I'm too old to die just yet but living in South East Queensland we have the worst motorcycle death rate in the whole country, and that's not all down to the riders. (10 year average)

Captain 80's to the rescue again! Much appreciate the details and will certainly use them but - I still seek that decal photo if anyone can provide it?

Just to see how those codes were presented on the label for authenticity. It would confuse the hell out of a lot of "experts" since Honda never even exported that color combination to Australia and my machine has the genuine Honda /Australian compliance plate, having been manufactured for the Aussie market from day one 🙂

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Captain 80's to the rescue again! Much appreciate the details and will certainly use them

You're welcome!

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

but - I still seek that decal photo if anyone can provide it?

And, huh?  It was my second photo.  That's from a 1986 R/W/B VFR700F. 

• Member Contributer

Wow - sorry Captain 80's - I looked at that photo and did not recognise it for what it was. I thought it was showing only two color codes and therefore something other than what I was seeking. (having never seen the correct label, an easy mistake for a novice like me?)

Thank you very much, I shall get a decal printed, I need only change the model detail to match the later machine

• Member Contributer

All except the one I am about to create - a composite of two different color labels

A '89 VFR750F-K built for export to Europe and including Australia / and an '86 VFR700FG (USA build) with a color code that we never got!

All because I want a Red, White & Blue bike that will have an "apparently" correct color label

I love to tease those who claim to know every detail about these bikes, some of whom know only enough to be dangerous
"Must have been a factory special order, rare and valuable don't you think"? (good for a laugh if nothing else) 😊

• Member Contributer

Some people have claimed that original red was decal. Took close look at mine and it's definitely painted on, not decal.

• Member Contributer

That's good confirmation thanks DannoXYZ
And backed up by the decal set you put me on to

Regards Skipper

VFR Decals.JPG

Archived