Anyone know anything about what's happened to the world, VFRworld that is.

• Member Contributer

The forum was pretty active and then everything stopped on the 18th. Tried posting, but was unable to. I know people frequent both places and was wondering if anyone had any info.

• Member Contributer

I haven't tried posting but like you, I'm a frequent visitor and the page seems to have died with no new content since 19 Nov. 

• Member Contributer

VFRW has been definately slowing to a trickle, very few of us check it and post anymore. I look at it out of habit.... 

• Member Contributer

I think it was bad timing leading up to the Holiday weekend as far as support.

I can post with pictures in Private Message with other users, so it is not global.

• Member Contributer

If it's a creep towards Faceboof and that's all there is left, then I'm out.  It was fun while it lasted.  You will NEVER find me there.  FUCK FB.

• Member Contributer

This happens to most groups at some point in time.

It happened to the FJ group. Guys got old and developed EOG. Then it moved to another location (another forum from e-mail). As we all know, there is a ton of info on forums, but it is hidden in thousands of posts...which is super inefficient. 

The CB-1 group has stayed on a mailing list for decades. It still works today. Most of us have met in person and info is still on e-mail away. 

I didn't go to the other VFR forum much, but I did find some useful info there too. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, bmart said:

This happens to most groups at some point in time.

It happened to the FJ group. Guys got old and developed EOG. Then it moved to another location (another forum from e-mail). As we all know, there is a ton of info on forums, but it is hidden in thousands of posts...which is super inefficient. 

Still better than FB!

• Member Contributer

I am a member of the Crossrunner (VFR800X) FB group. That seems to work very well so I guess it all depends, although I am not a regular user of FB, it does have its uses.

On another bike (mainly VFR) forum, all the 'helpful guides' were written up and posted in a separate section, so they weren't lost amongst all the rest. 

Horses for courses.

If in the end VFR World moves to a FaceBook platform, I am dead in the water, I am be old but be dammed if I can live with facebook crap

I hope I am wrong as VFR World had a lot of great information to help the VFR live on

Most of my friends on FB are people I met here on VFRD. A lot have moved on to other bikes and no longer frequent the forum but are on the VFRD FB page. It works great for that. It's also great for ride notices. The true value of the forum is the technical content which means this place is a treasure. I still check in most every day because it interests me even though I don't ride mine anymore.

Another FB denier here, dropped it in 2016 and never looked back. Hopefully we don't lose this forum any time soon as I intend to hang on to my VFR for the forseeable future. I think I have at least 5 - 10 more years of riding left in this carcass :laugh:.

ACE

• Member Contributer

Man forget VFRWORLD! I know someone who is trying to get a user created on THIS forum and wants to get on the VFRD header build list.

He says he is not getting a confirmation email and has tried two different email addresses.

I've email to of the staff/admins with no response?

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, flya750 said:

Man forget VFRWORLD! I know someone who is trying to get a user created on THIS forum and wants to get on the VFRD header build list.

He says he is not getting a confirmation email and has tried two different email addresses.

I've email to of the staff/admins with no response?

You tried HispanicSlammer or Yokel? https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/staff/

PM Duc2V4 and sfdownhill directly, they can put your friend on the list. It's going to be awhile before there is a new header build, if it happens, so no rush.

This forum, like vfrw, is slowly fading away. It isn't bad, the bikes are just getting old, not as many riders left, people moving on, the ST models are dying off. (Hopeful Suzuki's GT has some success.) These forums are expensive and time consuming and generally thankless, unpaid work. Mike West built vfrworld from the remains he inherited of a hondavfr.com forum 20 years ago. At this point I never see more than a handful of people here or there. Whether it's FB or some other platform, it's much easier to let someone else manage the hardware for virtually 0 cost.

• Member Contributer

I suggest we buy Miguel another bike ASAP. He has created and maintained the best motorcycle owner's forum on the interweb. No ads, just helpful participants and friendly support.

Miguel, what could ever replace the Veefalo?   😎

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to post at VFRW last Friday.  But is was giving me a server error when trying to post in November.

On this forum it took weeks to get my user name registered as I never got the confirmation email.  Now I am trying to reset my password because I don't know what it is and the same issue.  So I can only access this forum on my PC at work.

Archived