SC Project Slipon vs Stock Exhaust

VFR80025th

Well, I'm currently trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on the SC Project slipon. I don't mind the OEM exhaust.

Quiet at idle but still barks during acceleration.

SC looks well made and I like the titanium slipon appearance but mostly to expose more of the rear wheel.

I will probably keep the DB insert in  if i get it but was wondering for those who do have it on their bike is it really worth it? 

$750  Canadian for me. Its the only one I would consider.

6.3 pounds savings and 4.2hp increase.

Thxs in advance.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fbb87d5d0e63bac5d190578204b5ec5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.59c057c2b7baf54374331b3669684834.jpeg

• Member Contributer

That bike looks so frickin' good with those white wheels!

I say go for it, as it will make the back of the bike look "lighter" aesthetically, and as you said, it will expose more of the rear wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

No plans to use panniers. I sold the OEM bags that came with bike and they fetched quite a sum. They are like gold.

Thanks for the replies.

• 4 months later...
On 11/18/2022 at 2:14 PM, VFR80025th said:

Well, I'm currently trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on the SC Project slipon. I don't mind the OEM exhaust.

Quiet at idle but still barks during acceleration.

SC looks well made and I like the titanium slipon appearance but mostly to expose more of the rear wheel.

I will probably keep the DB insert in  if i get it but was wondering for those who do have it on their bike is it really worth it? 

$750  Canadian for me. Its the only one I would consider.

6.3 pounds savings and 4.2hp increase.

Thxs in advance.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fbb87d5d0e63bac5d190578204b5ec5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.59c057c2b7baf54374331b3669684834.jpeg

The SC looks much nicer.

Archived