8th Gen Pannier Alternatives

jj90

Hi I'm looking at buying an 8th Gen but would like one with OEM panniers. This limits my options as most of the bikes I can find have higher mileage than I would like.

Are there any after market panniers that attach in the same way as the OEM panniers? I.e. without the need for an additional rack/frame arrangement.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, jj90 said:

Hi I'm looking at buying an 8th Gen but would like one with OEM panniers. This limits my options as most of the bikes I can find have higher mileage than I would like.

Are there any after market panniers that attach in the same way as the OEM panniers? I.e. without the need for an additional rack/frame arrangement.

Just curious how many miles is more than you would like? 

The oem side cases on the gen 8 are awesome how well they integrate with the bike and don't require any ugly additional frame for them. I see them for sale on ebay every now and then in Europe, have you checked that out yet?

On 11/11/2022 at 11:06 PM, VifferJ said:

Just curious how many miles is more than you would like? 

The oem side cases on the gen 8 are awesome how well they integrate with the bike and don't require any ugly additional frame for them. I see them for sale on ebay every now and then in Europe, have you checked that out yet?

I'm in the UK so I'll keep an eye out on ebay. I'm looking for a bike with up to 15k on the clocks. I'll be doing roughly 10k a year so that would mean the valve clearance checks would need doing after the 1st year of owning it.

I know these bikes are supposed to go on for a long time, but a low mileage bike with the OEM panniers is the plan. Then I can rack the miles up over the next few years.

Archived