New stator and flywheel

ShipFixer

• Member Contributer

Removing the flywheel - easy with the Motion Pro M20 x 1.5 RH tool, which is just a big threaded bolt.  Pops the flywheel right off with a 22mm socket and impact wrench.  No back torque required.

For posterity - original 2002 flywheel on the left, newer 2003+ on the right.  Newer one has a couple weights or discs visible in addition to the six holes like the original, and the outer edge looks a little different.  If you don't know if your flywheel and rotor have been updated, well there ya go.

C1EC1FBD-01E0-4048-9C9E-EA4A2D08773B.thumb.jpeg.9ddf80c1c9db1002550bd9977de4ed34.jpeg

• Member Contributer

OOH! while it is still out, be sure to shave some of that meat off the outside!!

I lightened two of mine by sending them to Puerto Rico via a guy that knows a guy... shaved 250G off of one(now a magnetic tool holder), and 450G off the other(in the bike now - 8k miles since, dynoed before and after yielded a 2 HP gain, rev-match downshifting was never so much fun.)

• Member Contributer

Ha...this is strictly a reliability focused mod 🤪 Also I want my bike back, I am only doing this right now because I would feel stupid if it died in the next two months and I didn't do it now.  The brakes took waaaaay too long!

• Member Contributer

Since your brakes are good now, you should make her faster ;D (dont listen to me. I cant stop modifying things.)

• Member Contributer

I finally threaded my new stator wiring through my bike, got everything installed, and turned it over last night.  Who are you magicians who are able to pull the new one through with a string?  I ended up cutting the wires on the old one, and had to eventually remove the airbox and force tubing and wires aside to get the new stator plug through.

I doubt anyone wants a used 2002 stator when they should upgrade to the 2003+, but you can have mine if you want it.  Just have to join the three wires where I cut it.

Archived