Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello

arrow

• Member Contributer

I think it looks like a neat bike and sounds pretty good. It also gives me VFR1200F vibes, the rear-ends of both bikes look somewhat similar in my opinion… What do you guys think?

What a terrific looking bike!  I've always kind of liked the quirky looks of Moto Guzzis, but never really considered buying one.  The Mandello looks like a great sport-touring option.  And I love that it's different.  It appeals to the non-conformist in me.

But the downside for me is the dealer network.  If my bike needed warranty work, the closest dealer is 150 miles away.  And if I were on a trip and the bike broke down?  Yikes.

Still, I'd like to have something like a V7 or V9 for commuting and shorter rides.  Seems like it would be a blast to ride!

I've always loved Moto Guzzi's and I was leaning toward waiting for the Mandello when I first read of it's production over a year ago.

The prototype was very appealing to the sport bike side me, but the final production bike has been dulled down and confuses me as to what it is supposed to be.

Handlebars seem very high and the shape of the bike just does not grab me like the porotype did.  Not sporty enough now.

The hug draw to Guzzi to me is the engine.  I fell in love with the 1978 Lemans at my local dealers showroom but was cash poor at the age of 19.

I wanted a Guzzi before buying my Interceptor, but the current state of yes, "quirky" design kept me from diving in.

Archived