RVF 400

Philois1984

• Member Contributer

My nieces partner purchased this recently, I would like to think that I had something to do with it but I don’t think that’s the case. The bike is in excellent condition and seems to run well. I haven’t been offered a ride yet ☹️4F00EF8A-82A3-4E16-9D3F-A9F7E5A7BDE7.thumb.jpeg.26c40b34bca219a9150e3a788de116d5.jpeg

• Member Contributer

It's the later model, with the yellow RVF graphics.  Just like mine!  Looks completely unmolested, apart from the end can.  Good find.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, JZH said:

Just like mine!

Ciao,

JZH

Feel free to bring it to the Netherlands :tongue:😇

• Member Contributer

I actually got a ride late this afternoon. Fantastic little bike. Really gets along once the revs are over about 8 or 9000 revs. Feels amazingly solid in the corners. I’m no lite weight at about 95kg plus gear and I didn’t feel out of place on it. I head home on my Triumph America in the morning (about 1550km) picked up a passenger along the way 😳. weather looking terrible.

8599BF7D-D78C-43D7-9950-3A2B5FC6B4FA.thumb.png.b3fd35cfbcb9b62e475e73dc8318a332.png7801DA82-6AE9-4289-9CC1-CB7D41F8FF86.thumb.jpeg.35c4b6fd9c639285a042d3e3dc99c98f.jpeg672168E7-257F-4B12-8BFF-11F236388510.thumb.png.2e1defac3f5e76b9d6892592a003f1da.png

51 minutes ago, Philois1984 said:

I actually got a ride late this afternoon. Fantastic little bike. Really gets along once the revs are over about 8 or 9000 revs. Feels amazingly solid in the corners. I’m no lite weight at about 95kg plus gear and I didn’t feel out of place on it. I head home on my Triumph America in the morning (about 1550km) picked up a passenger along the way 😳. weather looking terrible.

Your passenger looks pretty terrible, too!  :laugh:

I don't envy you that weather.  Good luck on the ride home and be safe!

• Member Contributer
On 10/31/2022 at 2:44 PM, TimC said:

Your passenger looks pretty terrible, too!  :laugh:

You meet the nicest people on a Honda....   :goofy:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

You meet the nicest people on a Honda....   :goofy:

There’s my mistake, I was on my Triumph 😂

• Member Contributer

It must be the quickest case of MBD ever, he’s now the proud owner of a red 5th gen 🏆 (let’s try that again 4th gen, it had been a long day riding back from Brisbane) maybe I did have something to do with it after all….

940C4AB8-65DE-4D6D-89FB-E37C14DF5460.png

One of the most impressive bikes Honda ever made, with the engine from heaven, the swingarm etc etc, it is a bike most guys would die for

I have never seen one here on the east coast of Canada, not even at the track during the nationals

The closest I will ever come is a1989 CB1, dam

• Member Contributer

Now I have this crazy idea to put a 5th gen engine in a RVF400. 🤔

I had a guy measure the width between the frame rails & its just wide enough 😁

• Member Contributer

And here I was just thinking my crazy idea would be to go buy one of the ones up for sale every time I read this thread 🤣

I need to complete my brake and other mods and get my VFR back on the road, so I'll stop thinking about "back up motorcycles!"

• Member Contributer
On 11/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, ShipFixer said:

And here I was just thinking my crazy idea would be to go buy one of the ones up for sale every time I read this thread 🤣

I need to complete my brake and other mods and get my VFR back on the road, so I'll stop thinking about "back up motorcycles!"

No, this is not a crazy idea! I am thinking about a back up bike for the back up bike!

• Member Contributer
On 11/2/2022 at 2:30 PM, Mohawk said:

Now I have this crazy idea to put a 5th gen engine in a RVF400.

... and it's back to the lab again, yo 🎵

Archived