Starter relay (solenoid) back ordered. Alternatives?

5thave

• Member Contributer

Hi there. My wiring plug at the starter relay has melted. The red plug is not a worry -- I can replace it, but the green socket on the relay is corroded and damaged too, so I'm trying to find a replacement. The Honda parts desk near me says the relay is back ordered. Are there alternatives that are recommended? Amazon has some at a fraction of the Honda price. Would this be advisable? For reference, I am seeing this: https://a.co/d/fi574X8

IMG_20221001_195535.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had two Amazon starer relays fuse internally.  One may have been my fault, pushing the wires together in pitch black darkness.  The first one just failed though.  Both failures were spectacular, where I had to disconnect the battery to stop the starter.  

I would use an Amazon one until a Honda one is available.

• Member Contributer

Starter Relay part no. Is 35850-MT4-000 or 35850-MT4-003.

This is the same Starter Relay as used in 5th and 6gens.

Partzilla.com show them as in stock $73.26 Refer item 9.

20221004_161612.png

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Imports from USA (e.g. Partzilla, etc.) are frustratingly expensive to Canada, when duties and brokerage fees are applied. So I don't often use that channel. I may install the Niche brand (Amazon) part temporarily and place an order from Honda Canada for a permanent solution. 

Archived