brand new 10 year old Sidi Cobra Air boots

Lorne

• Member Contributer

I bought a pair of Sidi Cobra Air boots at the 2012 WSB races at Laguna Seca. I liked 'em so much that I ordered another pair when I got back home.

So, what did I like about these boots? First of all, they fit well. The uppers are perforated which aids comfort on those long hot days. Surprisingly, they aren't too cool when the mercury drops. As a rule I don't ride in rain, but have been caught in some torrential downpours a number of times over the years. I won't say my socks always stay dry, but I suppose my 6th gen's fairing blocks most of the rain.

My pair are easy to put on and have a simple, non-fussy closure. The sole is pretty rigid, but comfy enough for short walks. Would take them hiking, tho. 

The give a good feel of the shifter, like a nice pair of summer gloves do for the hand controls. My previous boots were padded numbed any feeling.

But after 75K km and 10 years the uppers are starting to break down and it is about time to retire them. Sure glad I bought that 2nd pair 'cause the Cobra isn't available anymore. Whatever the replacement I'd have to hope that I chose wisely.

Df-Q31375 vfrd.jpg

• Member Contributer

SIDI makes great boots, but only if you have very narrow feet. They've been a major competitor in that market for quite a few years now and we see a lot of them at track days. 

Foot wear is so personal and so important in almost every endeavor in life.  I just bought some Sidi boots a month ago because my beloved Icon Tarmac low-tops were falling apart, not from wear but from age.  There is nothing like them even from Icon any more.

When I tried on the Sidi's (leather sport touring type) at my Honda dealer my feet just felt perfect in them and I wore them out the door, after paying and dumping my Icon's in the trash.

I am like that with my skates too, as I am a life-long inline skater.  I bought three pairs of the same skates 20 years ago and just put the last pair into service two weeks ago, hoping this will be my end of (skate) life pair because their isn't anything out there that will work for my problematic feet.

Archived