Rear wheel eccentric

bmart

• Member Contributer

When I changed sprockets on the '00 I neglected to move the eccentric to get some ride height. Does this eccentric spin all of the way around, or will I need to remove the sprocket to get some extra chain slack. Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Even if it spins 360° you may need to remove the sprocket. Rotate it each way to see to see if how far it will go.

Remember, with the chain adjusted properly, depending on how the eccentric is positioned you may not gain much extra ride height. If it is currently at 6 o'clock you'd gain a lot more than if it is at 4 o'clock.

Fwiw, the eccentric on my '91 VFR750 wouldn't quite spin all the way round, probably about 340°. 

Good luck

• Member Contributer

Interesting...an old VFR buddy told me it made a big difference. The Red bike and Yellow bike are set up different, but I see no visual difference when looking at them from the side. 

• Member Contributer
On 9/19/2022 at 3:30 AM, Lorne said:

Even if it spins 360° you may need to remove the sprocket. Rotate it each way to see to see if how far it will go.

Remember, with the chain adjusted properly, depending on how the eccentric is positioned you may not gain much extra ride height. If it is currently at 6 o'clock you'd gain a lot more than if it is at 4 o'clock.

Fwiw, the eccentric on my '91 VFR750 wouldn't quite spin all the way round, probably about 340°. 

The RC36 eccentric can do a 360 if you countersink one of the brake bracket bolts.  It might be the same with the RC46, but I've not looked (because, as Rosso notes, the axle is already in the bottom arc.)

Ciao,

JZH

Archived