The Crieff Cloverleaf

Skids

• Member Contributer

A few of us are meeting up in Crieff, Scotland for a few days of riding the Crieff Cloverleaf next week.

Pics to follow, though I warn you I don't do pics often or well.

Weather forecast looks a little wet (well, it is Scotland) but hopefully the rain will keep away.

• Member Contributer

Just arrived in Crieff. Amazingly, the sun broke through as we hit the Scottish border 😎

1695560537_20220920_1126202.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice touch in the B&B we're staying at. A Loch Lomond malt, very smooth. Such a shame my wife doesn't drink whisky. 

20220920_163120.jpg

• Member Contributer

An excellent and uneventful days riding around some glorious roads and scenery. Spent most of the day in 3rd and 4th gear but the bends demanded it. 

We took the Western route of the Crieff Cloverleaf, A85 west out of Crieff, A82 to Glencoe, A828 to Connel, A85 and A819 down to Inveraray then A83/82/85 back to Crieff. A little over 230 miles, cloudy but warm with a little drizzle on the west coast. 

Rain forecast tomorrow so we'll see, maybe take an easy day, go visit the resting place of a dear comrade. We'll see. 

20220921_115455~2.jpg

20220921_115524.jpg

20220921_135727.jpg

• Member Contributer

The views, the roads, all fabulous. Yes, there are some average speed managed roads and the police ride unmarked bikes but keep off the major roads and you are less likely to meet them. 

You just need to pray for dry weather. 

• Member Contributer

Got home Saturday in a 400-mile ride back, sadly down the motorways but was impressed with the 1200 and how, even at higher constant speeds, the fuel consumption meant I was able to get almost 200 miles out of the 18.5 litre tank.

I've added a few photos taken from my Sena 10C Evo camera/intercom. I've never tried this before and as I hadn't planned to use the video camera as it depletes the battery very quickly and so it wasn't set up properly. You can tell because the picture isn't level. Next time I go away I will set it up as it is a good way of catching scenery without stopping.

The Crieff Cloverleaf is a great idea and is part of a larger Crieff plan to get more visitors into the town but it doesn't give you the best roads in Scotland, only some of them and if you are going to ride all that way, you at least want as many of the best as you can get.

09415900.JPG

10552300.JPG

12541200.JPG

14025500.JPG

• Member Contributer

Beautiful indeed. The last two pictured invokes images of the landscape described in one of my favorite books: "The Plague Dogs" by Richard Adams.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Beautiful indeed. The last two pictured invokes images of the landscape described in one of my favorite books: "The Plague Dogs" by Richard Adams.

Admittedly, the pictures look a lot darker than it was. 😆

Archived