Yellow VFR, a simple but hard question?

Hingley

I was sitting here thinking about the day's to do list and started thinking about the Yellow VFR800.
Over all the years the VFR750 or VFR800 was produced I could only remember two years the VFR was made with Yellow paint ( in North America ), The rest of the world I think had every colour possible and than some.
I remember over the years the VFR was produced here in Red ( of course ), Candy Red, Tri colour for 25th, Silver, White, Black, Gary, etc but no Yellow, except for Canada in 1999 the VFR800 was Pearl Yellow and the following year in 2000 it was Pearl Yellow in the U.S.
I started trying to found production numbers for the U.S. and Canada but there was nothing that I could find
So it will be interesting to see what you guys remember

• Member Contributer

Well...

Canada's model line up generally followed the "ROW" offering, which means it got the same models and colours as the UK, Europe, France, Germany, Australia and Switzerland.  Japan was always different, as was the US. 

So, Canada got black and red in 1998 (apparently not silver in 1998, which other ROW markets got), red and yellow in 1999 (but not black or the "Anniversary" red and silver, which other markets got), green, blue and red in 2000 and silver, blue and red in 2001.  The US, as we know, got only red, except in 2000, when it got only yellow.  Japan got red in 1998-99 and silver in 2000-01.

The RC46-II was produced for many more years and in many more colours, but I don't have the data on that model.  Try bike-parts.fr for that sort of info.  They seem to show all the colour ways for each market. :biggrin:

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, JZH said:

The RC46-II was produced for many more years and in many more colours, but I don't have the data on that model.  Try bike-parts.fr for that sort of info.  They seem to show all the colour ways for each market. :biggrin:

The link to bike parts fr

Well Sir

That is one cool site, a guy could spend a little time there for sure seeing all the different colours used in the world while production of the VFR was still on going

Thanks guys, I knew someone here could get me in the right direction

Looks like the only years Pearl Yellow was used on the VFR for North America was 1999 for Canada and 2000 for USA

Cool

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, JZH said:

So, Canada got black and red in 1998

I don't have the 1998 brochure but here's what the 1999 thru 2005 Honda Canada brochures say. Also included the Canadian list price for some years.

1999   yellow                                     $12,899

2000   green, red, blue                     $12,899

2001   red, silver, blue (the brochures pics show these, but the specs list green instead of silver)

2002   red, silver  ABS: red, black    $13,399/14,199   seems to be the only year with different colours for ABS models

2003   red, metallic silver                  $13,399/14,199

2004   matte black, red                     $13,399/14,199

2005   red, light silver metallic

2006   pearl cosmic black, pearl sunbeam white        

Well Lorne

You made my day with the brochure information you have saved all these years

When it comes to Honda sales information I have always been a packrat and have squirreled away a lot of years of brochures and prices

But be dammed if I have very little in the late 1990's to mid 2000's

I was really wondering what the Pricing was here in Canada for the 1999 VFR800, and was really surprised to see that Canada had a Green and Blue model in 2000

Cool

Archived