Hello from Eastern PA!

98VFR

Excited to finally join these forums. I tried several times to confirm my gmail but the email never came. Used a different e-mail and worked right away.

Love my 98 VFR, pics to come, so far just an Erion Racing slip on and Sargent seat.

Already performed the controversial Flapper/Snorkel/PAIR valve mods.

Hunting for the EU smoked version of the OE windscreen.

Anxiously awaiting the re-production run of the Staintune high mount (apparently coming early next year)!

Cheers,

Dave

Edit: Pics! Also, sargent seat wasn't installed yet here.

20210808_125639.jpg

20210808_125657.jpg

20210808_125709.jpg

20210808_125719.jpg

20210808_125728.jpg

20210808_125738.jpg

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, 98VFR said:

Already performed the controversial Flapper/Snorkel/PAIR valve mods.

So you have been reading the forums:-)

Howdy.do from the SF Bay. I think our man at Thurn Motorsport in Deutschland may have the MRA version of the windscreen you're looking for. Looks like he recently redisigned his website (finally) and has links in English.  He has lots of other VFR stuff made only by him.  Very dangerous place is farkle is your thing.  Also the ZeroGravity site claims their SR line is "Stock Replacement"  (pdf of their measurements https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1490/5826/files/SPEC_453.pdf? )  They have a light smoke and dark smoke version.

Good luck with the Staintune. I've had mine for 15 years now and sounds completly different with the VFRD headers

Though from memory, your Erion should sound great.

22 minutes ago, Tirso said:

So you have been reading the forums:-)

Howdy.do from the SF Bay. I think our man at Thurn Motorsport in Deutschland may have the MRA version of the windscreen you're looking for. Looks like he recently redisigned his website (finally) and has links in English.  He has lots of other VFR stuff made only by him.  Very dangerous place is farkle is your thing.  Also the ZeroGravity site claims their SR line is "Stock Replacement"  (pdf of their measurements https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1490/5826/files/SPEC_453.pdf? )  They have a light smoke and dark smoke version.

Good luck with the Staintune. I've had mine for 15 years now and sounds completly different with the VFRD headers

Though from memory, your Erion should sound great.

Thank you for the links! Thinking of getting the black widow SS headers, but the VFRD ones are surely tempting. Yes, the Erion sounds great! Just no dB killer for those early mornings >.<

• Member Contributer

Save your dough for the VFRD headers if your dead-set on a full system.  No comparison.

And welcome!!!

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, 98VFR said:

Thank you for the links! Thinking of getting the black widow SS headers, but the VFRD ones are surely tempting. Yes, the Erion sounds great! Just no dB killer for those early mornings >.<

I remove the db killer when I know I'll be doing a lot of lane splitting, otherwise it stays in.

Some folk here have black widow, maybe they'll chime in on their experience. The VFRD headers are copies of the Two Brothers headers so they are very nice. Our 5th gens are closer to an RC45 and actually sound meaner with our 180 cranks vs the drone 360!!  Though it may be a while before production ramps up.

For years I've been pesting Paul over at Tyga to make 5th gen headers. In that time, they made two for the 4th Gen including a saucy left side exit as seen on this RC30 replica.  Recently they released a right side only for 3rd Gen.  Last week, I pinged Paul and he said  "At the moment, we are waiting to see how well the third gen exhausts sell. The fourth gen are a steady seller and are popular with RC30 replica builders. We don’t have plans for the 5th gen yet".  If you have deep pockets, custom is an option.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum 98VFR from The Land Of Interesting Weather. You obviously have great taste in mc's. Best generation in the fastest color. :wheel:

Archived