Hello from Long Beach, CA : )

SubyRS

I found a low mileage red 2014 Interceptor back in May of this year, which now has just a little over 4000 miles on it. 

I added the OEM Honda bar risers and just had new Dunlop Road Smart 4 tires mounted a couple of weeks ago.

The new tire really improved the feel and confidence over the 10 year old OEM's.  The bike is all OEM stock other than that....so far.

This Interceptor is the most modern and capable bike I have ever owned. 

I've been a motorcyclist since 1977, when I sold my Chevy Impala and bought a used 1973 Honda XL250 just after graduating from high school.  I didn't own a car for almost four years after that.

Among a long list of bikes I owned was a 1984 VFR700 I bought used and modified (in my sig).  I painted it to go with my Jimmy Adamo Arai racer replica helmet.  I painted many motorcycles over the years under the name "Racer replica's".  

20220728_161817.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome!  Nice looking red one.  I need to ride on of the newer versions of the VFR-be interesting to see/feel the differences from my '98.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum from The Land Of Interesting Weather. That's beautiful example you have. And at 4,000 mileage it is a newborn.  And it's in the fastest color. :wheel:

Thanks all.  I keep reading talk about a radiator guard for this bike.

I look at mine and it seems pretty well protected so not sure what's happening under there unless it's for very bad weather situations....which we don't get here.

I have a Scorpion Serket Carbon Fiber slip on muffler on order from England ( for 5 weeks so far ).  It may be difficult to get it here when it arrives at customs because of "California", so I may have to divert the delivery as a gift to my son-in-law in Arizona.  Then I can pay him a visit to catch up on things since it's been a while : ) 

The bike has been absolutely great.  I've put about 1200 miles on it and my wife has enjoyed the rear saddle much more than my last supper-sport bikes' pillion brick.

Ah! Seal Beach my favorite town in all of California : )

I remember always riding my bicycle or skate board with friends to the Seal Beach pier for body surfing back in the 70's.  

My wife and I are there on most any week end either at Hennessey's or Javatini's : ) Usually in my "Yellow Fever" FRS.

20211219_101100.jpg

Archived