A little different GoPro mount location

• Member Contributer

On a recent ride trip I was fooling around with my crappy old GoPro Hero 3+ trying different mounting locations & angles and came up with one I really like. It's mounted to the fork leg on the right-side, upside down and angled more toward the side of the road. Have a look if you'd like...

Nice! Love the sound too. I was thinking that was a really nice road, then noticed the kudzu and knew we weren't in MN anymore.😀  

• Member Contributer

Video is private. Oh well!

I'm more of a purist. Center mount, front or back. Helmet mounts are the worst to try to watch!

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, bmart said:

I'm more of a purist. Center mount, front or back. Helmet mounts are the worst to try to watch!

I've done some helmet mounts, but off of my left cheek.  Then instead of video (cuz it was an older unit), I had it take a picture every minute.  I ended up with some really cool shots since I was looking right at the subject.

• Member Contributer

I've not run one, but this looks like the right solution.

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Chest-Mount-Harness-Official/dp/B0025UEQQW

Helmet video makes me want to throw up. WAY too much movement to be useful to a viewer. 

They've started using another useless (to me) location in MotoGP...the shoulder cam. I'm never going to want to know what my shoulder, or your shoulder, sees. lol

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Knute said:

On a recent ride trip I was fooling around with my crappy old GoPro Hero 3+ trying different mounting locations & angles and came up with one I really like. It's mounted to the fork leg on the right-side, upside down and angled more toward the side of the road. Have a look if you'd like...

WOW - Great road and video, I'm feeling dizzy from watching it.:wacko: The V4 sounds great.:fing02:

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, bmart said:

Archived