Regulator/Rectifier Upgrade complete - Bike keeps cutting out

BSR67

• Member Contributer

Good news well done.

Was the HISS warning light giving you any indication the system wasn't right at switch on?

I guess at the time when I asked "Do you hear the Fuel Pump Prime and the Fi light goes out after 3secs at every switch On" your problem was intermittent, because, if the HISS is faulty you will NOT get Fuel Pump Prime at switch ON.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Skids said:

Well done all :beer:

+1 Skids. Grum and Danno hard to beat.

Seems like a situation Cogwell might address also. Haven't seen him here lately, hope he is OK.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Seems like a situation Cogwell might address also. Haven't seen him here lately, hope he is OK.

Had exactly the same thought about Cogswell he hasn't been on the forum for a long while, out of character, I do also hope he's ok.

Hey Cogs, Are You Out There?

Has anyone seen or heard from him?

13 hours ago, Grum said:

Good news well done.

Was the HISS warning light giving you any indication the system wasn't right at switch on?

I guess at the time when I asked "Do you hear the Fuel Pump Prime and the Fi light goes out after 3secs at every switch On" your problem was intermittent, because, if the HISS is faulty you will NOT get Fuel Pump Prime at switch ON.

Hi

No, not that was obvious. That said, I wasn't looking for it to be HISS initially. The HISS light lit when the bike came back to life.

I stripped the yellow/red out - it had literally broken with a 90 degree bend/kink. They are fine wires.

Ended up doing a little solder surgery - I had stripped back areas of the four wires to undertake continuity checks. Ended up splitting all three remaining wires so I could heat strink the areas where I had stripped back the insulation. I then re-sleeved the whole lot to preserve/protect. The good news is, it is fixed now, and I am grateful to you, and others here, for the help and guidance.

BSR67

11 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

100% hard to beat!

BSR67

Archived