Finally done

I'm not new to vfr's, So a few years ago i stumbled across a vfr listing from back east. No picture, just a good guy selling a non titled, no key bike that has been in his shop for some time. No key no title, in pieces. I asked several times for pictures but only received 'man, it's in the back of my shop and i have to move stuff to pull it, and all the pieces out.' I said ok, when you get an opportunity to do so, just let me know, and I'll line up shipping', and paid the gentleman. Zelle is best. Immediate funds transfer, happy seller. 2 years go by, we chat on occasion, as i had shipper after shipper say, 'no can do, we dont do bikes anymore' or 'this is our lowest price to ship' and He was busy, i was busy, it just wasn't happening. Finally, after a long drawn out process, yes we were both patient, i found a shipper that met my needs via timeline, and price.  I received pictures from the shipper. Yeup, all looks to be there, via text messages. So on her way she came! After work, a couple hours a night, weekends same thing couple hours. Between family time, and play time, I have just come to finish her to 90%🫣

1990 VFR 750

20,245 original miles

with bridgestone tires manufacture date of 1991 on her still. 
all new as follows:

Tires, thermostat, regulator/rectifier, clutch, stainless clutch line, stainless brake lines, new brake pads, all new fairing hardware, battery, fairings repaired just not painted, carbs rebuilt, new led lights for turns, parks, brakes, and headlights, new high mount exhaust, replaced rider step, and passenger steps and pegs, fixed side stand switch, new fuel pump, fork seals, fork springs, led under headlamp area for adjusting headlamp, also have led block showing off rear wheel. Usb chargers/voltage meters on pillion area, and rider left. grips will be soon as I haven't decided between the 3 sets I have 🤣

D3D9D9E5-81CE-4721-BE13-2FFE6A8BF578.jpeg

E3810112-B651-49FB-B5FA-970EBF3126A6.jpeg

4AF9E263-FEC6-43B2-8B1A-F075B2F39CB4.jpeg

DC8D33D4-96A9-45B1-A61D-715F70A81F36.jpeg

B96F3E70-2D30-4FBF-B9AF-17FA577B1A86.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Great job, nice bike, and kudos to preserving one of the best motorcycles ever made. 

Nice!  What a great project, bringing that beauty back to life!

You have a lot more faith in people than me.  Buying a project bike you haven't even seen, then waiting two years to get it?  I'm guessing you bought it very cheap (and no, I'm not asking how much) in order to make it worth the risk.

I'm curious how you'll resolve the missing title issue.  Since you've spent time and money on lights and lenses, I'm guessing this won't be just a track machine.

• Member Contributer

I don't know about now, but there used to be companies which would arrange for a title in Nevada or someplace based only on a bill of sale.  It involved a paper sale to them and paper re-sale back to you...  I went through the process once for an NC30 I was thinking about importing, but I ended up not moving back to the US and never needed to register the bike there.  Perhaps these companies still exist?

Ciao,

JZH

Missing title won't be bad. I've friends at the dmv. (Homemade Cheesecake and a smile go a very long way) 🥰 one day I'll find the p.o. Short of the long, I seem to be able to find p.o. Of a lot of vehicles I've owned. The gentleman that had this bike in his possession, is a cool cat! We both ride trials, so kindred spirits! 

Archived