5th Gen Healtech Quickshifter - recommend?

Skids

Question

• Member Contributer

I love the OEM quickshifter on my VFR800X and would like one on my 5th Gen.

Healtech do one.

Does anyone have any experience with this on the 5th Gen? Insights, fitting etc would be appreciated.  :beer:

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

No, but I think you should buy another VFR800X and ship it over here.  I'll store it for you, make sure there's no rust gets on the cylinder walls.

• Member Contributer

I can't speak to that brand, but we see QS failures with regularity at track days. I prefer to do it all manually anyway. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Member Contributer

The healtech works well, takes a bit of setting up. I have one on another bike & intend to swap it on to my 5th Gen, but I need to make a custom harness because I converted it to stick coils. 

• Member Contributer
On 7/22/2022 at 1:41 PM, Mohawk said:

The healtech works well, takes a bit of setting up. I have one on another bike & intend to swap it on to my 5th Gen, but I need to make a custom harness because I converted it to stick coils. 

Just contacted Healtech as there was no Supplementary Manual for installation. They sent me a copy and it looks like you have to break into the ignition circuit at the coils. F that for a game of soldiers! That's a very good way to f up my bike.

Shame, I'd love a QS on the Fi.

I have one available for a power commander 3 mite works with 5 available with software.  It is a PULL reverse shift.  I used it with my Sato rear sets  until I purchased a Rapid Bike.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, VFR750F3 said:

I have one available for a power commander 3 mite works with 5 available with software.  It is a PULL reverse shift.  I used it with my Sato rear sets  until I purchased a Rapid Bike.

That's kind but I don't have a PC. :beer:

Archived