Bought an R1

When I bought the VFR I was hedging my bets slightly, deciding to run it alongside my Street Triple 765RS for a while. Anyway that worked out really well - I love the VFR. But I still felt like I wanted to change the Triumph. I had owned it nearly 4 years, and generally prefer faired sportbikes. Originally the plan was go full Honda and find either a Fireblade 954 or a 2007/8 600RR - something less practical to go alongside a great all-round VFR. Even started to shop for a 600RR, but then I saw a really nice R1. 2004, very low miles, Akrapovic exhaust and decat, Power Commander, Gilles rearsets. And all the original parts retained, in boxes. The seller even included a paddock stand and a dust cover, couldn't believe it. Here's the collection:

bikes.jpg

8 hours ago, squirrelman said:

honestly, where do you think you can use any more than half of that power ? 😑

Everywhere when I engage squid mode 😛

In all seriousness, as above, I was looking for a 600, just couldn't find the right one, and this came in at the same price for a lot more bike, with a massive list of extras, and all OEM parts retained in boxes. Was too good an opportunity to miss out on. Owned a 2016 Fireblade SP a few years back so am aware of the mismatch between litre bike performance and road use. It only goes as quick as I ask it to.

The downside is the VFR now feels a bit loose after riding the R1, and I'm sliding around it in my textiles. I wear my leathers on the R1. Need to find some smart looking tank pads for the VFR. Any suggestions? Most I've seen so far are for the 8th gen

Archived