VFR800x pannier compatability

Tigso

Hi, does anyone know whether the panniers, P/No: 08L70-MJM-D10ZE, from a 2016 VFR1200F/VFR800F fits on a 2019 VFR800x Crossrunner please?

• Member Contributer

I don't know for sure but I believe they do. 

• Member Contributer

Agree with Skids, I think they are compatible, not 100% sure!

Both the 800F and the 800X are very similar part numbers, possibly the only difference in the part number is for the colour.

Both are 29Ltr capacity and mounting arrangements for both bikes look identical. Both the 800F and 800X also share a common Service Manual.

Make sure you also acquire the Rubber Steps which mount onto the pillion foot peg rear spike that the lower front mount of the panniers sit into.

Rubber Step P/No's

08L02-MGE- D10    Right.

08L03-MGE-D10     Left.

Photo is an 800X, the pannier looks identical to my 2014 800F.

IMG_1496.JPG

Many thanks Skids & Grum.  I'm ideally looking for a 'ballistic black' pair that will fit my 2019 VFR800x.  Will have to make sure before buying the ebay 800F ones!

By the way, do the 29l ones accommodate a lid?

Cheers

Tigso

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, Tigso said:

Many thanks Skids & Grum.  I'm ideally looking for a 'ballistic black' pair that will fit my 2019 VFR800x.  Will have to make sure before buying the ebay 800F ones!

Cheers

Tigso

My Shark Vision R size Medium only just fits, pannier lid can be closed and locked.

20220704_193540.jpg

Cheers

Tigso

Thanks for that Grum, - great pic!

Archived