Fall Ride 2022

Sweeper

IMG_5803c.thumb.png.4f736abfe84748ecd67bbc2ae4ae9629.png
This just in from Bob.....

Ladies & Gentlemen ( and the rest of you)😎
🏍🏍VFRD Fall Ride will be Sept 15-18🏍🏍
We will ride from Skyline Village Inn, Spruce Pine NC. It’s a great place to socialize at and ride from.
There is limited room availability(welcome to western NC in fall). Pricing is $109 to $159.
Based on room—one bed or two bed.
Call Mitch, the Mgr, at 828-765-9394
to make a reservation.
Don’t put this off if you want a room!!

• Member Contributer

I may come up and ride for a day or two. From their site, it looks like 2 rooms left...and $150/night is very proud based on the pics! 

Marion and Morganton may be good options for those who miss out on these two rooms. I live only 90 minutes out from a good starting point, so that'll likely be my option. 

Speak up if you need options for food, routes, etc. I'll share what I know. 

Be sure and call to book because there online information may not reflect what they actually have.

Big Lynn Lodge is about a mile up the road if you have trouble. The rates are about the same. Not much else on top of the mountain except Little Switzerland and it will be a lot more.

• Member Contributer

I will be in Santander, Spain that weekend (the whole following week for that matter)....

540886298_DSC_8793(2).thumb.jpg.6845a65e3cd698bb0d22442de53ab869.jpg

Have a good one guys and girls!!

• Member Contributer

A friend just got back from there last Wednesday. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

We're closing in fast. Any updates on this? Probably not staying overnight, but may come out for a day ride. 

It's still on. I don't have a head count right now but most of the regulars will be around. I know of a few of them who have had to adult and won't be there this time. This thing is sneaking up quick!

Just back home from having two sets of new S22s mounted and balanced at Kanadian Ken's 'empire of dirt'.  As usual he and his No-Mar machine did a terrific job.  There was much rejoicing had over successfully exorcising the ATC warning off the dash (rebooting the ECU worked perfectly).  The abusive Italian supermodel has two new sets of shoes and seems to be happy.  Can't wait for Thursday 2.5 weeks away for friends and festivities.

Two sets of shoes? What is this plan? If you aren't running tire management, how we will keep up? No ABS perhaps!😜

On 8/29/2022 at 8:48 AM, Sweeper said:

Two sets of shoes? What is this plan? If you aren't running tire management, how we will keep up? No ABS perhaps!😜

I truly hope that enough riding will be had for 2-sets to be needed.  Tony is a cheating machine that (may)let's me keep you guys in sight and I still torture the tires.

• Member Contributer

Weather looks perfect. 

image.png.5f406d5ec5aceac92bc8e45985a6ff90.png

Let me know when some details emerge. Trying to get the red bike to an oil change again this year...

On 9/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, bmart said:

Weather looks perfect. 

image.png.5f406d5ec5aceac92bc8e45985a6ff90.png

Let me know when some details emerge. Trying to get the red bike to an oil change again this year...

Most everyone will arrive sometime Thursday. As for plans, there are none. We usually all just meet in the morning and break up into groups. Most mornings you'd be fine if you arrive before 9:00. It really depends on weather, if there is morning fog, expect later.

• Member Contributer

I may see you guys rolling around. I'm not making the trip when I don't know when to be there. lol Have fun!

(You can't keep a planner down!)

On 9/11/2022 at 2:56 PM, bmart said:

I may see you guys rolling around. I'm not making the trip when I don't know when to be there. lol Have fun!

(You can't keep a planner down!)

This group is a bit like herding cats so to connect with group you could drop by the parking lot at the end of the day 4:00-6:00pm-ish and meet the group.  We are all back by the time the tree rats become active.  Come on by and meet the groups and find a time and route that interests you.  alternately we are usually kickstands up by 9-10am when the fog clears - come on by for morning coffee.

• Member Contributer

I'll be coming in the morning one day, but I'll just do my own thing (we rode with no one at teh last rally either...strangest rally I've ever been to!). I get up early for track days but nothing else. lol Have fun! Wave if you see me!

• Member Contributer

Rolling from Lowe's in Marion (not far from you guys) tomorrow between 9-10 just in case anyone is interested. ~200 mile loop planned. 

• Member Contributer

Brilliant day out there today (59F-69F all day), but didn't see a single VFR on our 200+ mile mountain ride. Where did you guys ride? 

20220917_111206.thumb.jpg.73867b012c49b7567f031be8d43815eb.jpg

20220917_123519.thumb.jpg.630a1c253b9e2d79a8e043dab984dabe.jpg

20220917_144552.thumb.jpg.369558a0d0163fc78a609e72f89111ae.jpg

20220917_152911.thumb.jpg.0c9df4e227880439049c12d22f5d271e.jpg

Archived