Torquing a 5th Gen Clutch Slave Cylinder Banjo Bolt

Skids

• Member Contributer

How?

I've removed the speed sensor take-off and still nowhere near enough room to get a socket on the banjo bolt.

Is there some secret way of doing this that someone can whisper, or are you all just going to tell me to "person" up and use a spanner?

20220627_104226.jpg

• Member Contributer

Are you sure a 12mm ring spanner won't do the trick? Wouldn't worry about torquing up afterwards, firm tightness and it shouldn't leak.

• Member Contributer
56 minutes ago, Grum said:

Are you sure a 12mm ring spanner won't do the trick? Wouldn't worry about torquing up afterwards, firm tightness and it shouldn't leak.

Yes, you are correct m8, a ring spanner will fit but I am a pedant for torquing bolts correctly. Having said that, the male/female joints from the delay valve up at the headstock would not allow for a socket so I used 10mm/14mm spanners for that.

Just wondered if I was missing something, a special tool or technique.

• Member Contributer

Are you trying with a 3/8 drive? 1/4 should fit just fine with a short/long extension. 

• Member Contributer

No, doesn't fit on with the cover in place. You can only torque it with the cover removed and I think it's 34 nM so quite tight - check the manual!

Have to wrap it in a cloth in a vise and righty tighty. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bren said:

No, doesn't fit on with the cover in place. You can only torque it with the cover removed and I think it's 34 nM so quite tight - check the manual!

Have to wrap it in a cloth in a vise and righty tighty. 

Not going to do that, but thanks. 

34 Nm is correct, which, when applied to a shorter 12mm ring spanner is probably as tight as I can make it. 

Thanks all. :beer:

Archived